This chorizo roasted red pepper spinach gnocchi is the perfect 20-minute weeknight meal. Packed full of flavor and super simple to make. Your whole family will love this dish!
Guess what you guys? My totally amazing blogger friend Julie from Table for Two has a cookbook and I’m here to tell you all about it!
Her new book Dinner for Two: Easy and Innovative Recipes for One, Two, or a Few is something you’re going to love! It has simple recipes that are perfect for the crazy weekday dinner rush. In fact, I have already made this recipe 2 times! The first time I made it I ate it for lunch 2 days in a row and the second time was just last night.
I had to tell my husband to stop eating because he was about to burst with gnocchi happiness.
Do you ever do that? Love a dish so much that you totally overeat? I’m so guilty of this.
You guys know I love chorizo so making this dish was a no-brainer for me.
Plus gnocchi is the perfect weeknight dish because it cooks up in no time. That means in just 20 minutes I was sitting down and stuffing this wildly into my face. I guess if you were really feeling fancy you could make homemade gnocchi but let’s be serious – ain’t nobody got time for that.
Oh and here is one little tip! In the recipe, it calls for dicing up some roasted red peppers. I totally cheated and bought 2 little jars of sliced pimentos. There is a difference between roasted red peppers and pimentos but it’s subtle and I’m all about making my cooking life a little shorter.
So if you’re short on time or don’t have any roasted red peppers on hand (and weirdly happen to have a few jars of sliced pimentos) totally keep this in mind!
Now if it were me I would eat this dish for breaking, lunch, and dinner but since I’m probably the only “I love leftovers more in the morning than at night” weirdo I would say make this chorizo roasted red pepper spinach gnocchi for dinner and take the leftovers for lunch the next.
Well, that’s if you have leftovers. To be honest this is so good you’ll probably eat it all the same night.
Love this chorizo roasted red pepper spinach gnocchi?
Why not try a few of my other delicious gnocchi recipes!
- Creamy Gorgonzola Gnocchi with Spinach and Pine Nuts
- Creme Fraiche Mushroom Gnocchi
- Chicken Bacon Pumpkin Gnocchi
- Skillet Cheesy Gnocchi with Peas and Ham
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo, casing removed
- 3/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in the gnocchi and cook it per the instructions on the packages.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, brown chorizo and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the roasted red peppers, onions and salt. Cook until the onions have softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and toss until leaves have wilted.
- Drain and add gnocchi and toss everything to incorporate.