This copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread tastes just like the one at the coffee house! Full of pumpkin puree and warm pumpkin spices, sprinkled with pepitas on top.
I love the fall offerings at Starbucks, but I love being able to make them from the comfort of my home even better! (Have you tried my homemade Starbucks pink drink?)
This copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread has a yummy, tender crumb that’s full of pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and brown sugar, all topped with crunchy pepitas!
My favorite thing about this copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread is how easy it is to make at home, and it makes such a thoughtful gift for friends or family during the holidays.
So stay in your PJs and skip the drive-thru! You’re going to love making this copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread!
Ingredients for copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread
- All purpose flour – A simple baking ingredient that helps hold your bread together.
- Brown and white sugars – The brown sugar will add a deep molasses flavor, while the white sugar will add sweetness.
- Vegetable oil – This is the fat of choice for our bread, to add moisture.
- Baking powder and soda – Baking powder and baking soda help give the bread a tender crumb.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract helps bring all of the flavors together and adds sweetness.
- Eggs – Eggs help to emulsify and bring the batter together.
- Pumpkin pie spice – Feel free to use homemade or your favorite store-bought variety.
- Pumpkin puree – This will add pumpkin flavor and moisture to our bread.
- Pepitas – These will add a great crunch on the top.
Make your own pumpkin spice
Pumpkin pie spice can be found easily in the spice aisle of most major grocery stores.
But there’s nothing wrong with wanting to make your own at home!
My favorite blend is cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
Types of oil
This recipe calls for using vegetable oil because it is neutral in flavor.
You could easily substitute other oils such as canola, grapeseed, or peanut oil.
Steer clear of strongly flavored olive oil, as it will impart its flavor to the bread and change the flavor profile.
I would also not recommend using butter in place of oil altogether, because it will not produce as moist bread.
Storage and leftovers
Leftover copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread can be kept loosely covered on the counter at room temperature for up to 2 days.
More copycat recipes
- Looking for alternative milk drinks? Try my Homemade Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- Craving something sweet? Try my Copycat Starbucks Brown Sugar Syrup
- Love all things pumpkin flavored? Try my Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Coffee
- Need something apple inspired? Try my Apple Crisp Macchiato
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large-sized mixing bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and maple extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined and you no longer see any flour.
- Add the bread mixture to the prepared baking pan and top with pepitas.
- Bake for roughly 60 minutes or until the center of the bread comes out clean when tested with a toothpick, or when tested with an instant-read thermometer it has reached 200-205 degrees F.
- Check your bread around the 45-minute mark to make sure the nuts are not burning. If so lightly tent with foil.
- Let the bread cool on a cooling rack for 20 minutes, remove it from the pan, and let it fully cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 7g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.