This fresh pressed Cuban sandwich is made using homemade crispy pork, ham, pickles, mustard and swiss cheese. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
Remember that crispy roast pork I made a while ago?
And that pork panini with rapini and spicy sauce?
Well, I’m finally sharing the last sandwich recipe I made with that delicious hunk of meat. This tasty sandwich is simply a classic Cuban.
In the past, I posted a sandwich called sloppy Cubanos but this time I made a full-on classic Cuban sandwich.
There is not a lot to a Cuban sandwich but the flavor it creates when cooked together is nothing short of amazing.
It’s a tasty mix of roasted pork, ham, pickles, Swiss cheese, and yellow mustard. So simple and so delicious.
If only I could have fresh pork sitting in my fridge every single day.
One tip about making a quality panini. Make sure to cook it low and slow.
It helps to make sure that everything is melty and warm in the inside and the outside stays perfectly golden and crispy. I know it’s hard to wait for a sandwich to cook that long but really it’s worth it.
Plus, you’re doing that crispy pork wrong if you’re serving this beautiful sandwich cold.
I cooked this sandwich on a panini press BUT if you don’t own one you can simply cook it right in a skillet. Same directions but you’ll just cook it low and slow on both sides.
If you are in the market for a panini press I LOVE my Griddler. You can use it as a panini press, to cook pancakes, make 4 grilled cheese sandwiches at a time – it’s perfection.
Love this Cuban Sandwich?
Why not try a few of my delicious sandwich recipes!
- 4 medium-large slices crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 8 thick slices crispy roasted pork
- 8 thin slices smoked ham
- 4 large pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat a panini press to medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon yellow mustard on one side of each slice of bread.
- Add two slices of Swiss cheese to 2 pieces of bread.
- Top each sandwich with the desired amount of roast pork, 3 slices of ham, and 2 pickles.
- Top each sandwich with 2 more slices of Swiss cheese.
- Top with bread and thinly coat the outside of each sandwich with butter.
- Add to a preheated panini press.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until the sandwich is hot and the cheese is melted.
The best method for this sandwich is the press it low and slow. This ensures the middle of the sandwich will get hot and not burn the outside of the bread.
I used my own crispy roast pork for this sandwich.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 763Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 3661mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 54g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.