Are you craving a delicious and easy summertime salad? Look no further than this healthy green goddess salad! Packed full of vegetables and tossed in a creamy herb packed dressing.
I think it’s no secret that I love salads!
This salad is no exception and is filled with tons of crunchy vegetables all tossed in a homemade green goddess dressing.
Now, this green goddess is a little different than my Greek Yogurt Green Goddess Dressing which is my healthy version of this popular dressing.
This homemade version uses creamy mayonnaise and sour cream instead of Greek yogurt. Either will work well here so use whatever happens to be your favorite.
Make sure to read the whole post just in case you have any questions about ingredients or how to make this salad!
Ingredients for a green goddess salad
For the dressing
- Mayonnaise and sour cream – I love the combination of mayonnaise and sour cream in this dressing. Mayonnaise adds richness and creaminess while the sour cream adds tanginess and lightens the dressing a bit.
- Garlic – Adds an earthy allium flavor and is a classic addition to green goddess salad.
- Anchovy – A classic addition to green goddess dressing. I like to use filets packed in oil but 1 teaspoon of anchovy paste would also work! Or feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
- Lemon – Adds freshness and acidity to the dressing.
- Fresh herbs – These herbs are traditionally used in green goddess dressing but you could swap them out for basil, cilantro, or mint if you prefer. Feel free to make this dressing your own!
For the salad
- Romaine and salad greens – I love the combination of romaine hearts and mixed greens– the romaine is crisp and crunchy and the salad greens have great flavor!
- Green crunchy vegetables– I’m using all of my favorite green vegetables– cucumber, snap peas, and celery but you can use whatever you have on hand!
- Avocado – I love the addition of avocado but make sure to serve the salad right after you add the avocado as it will brown if it’s left to sit out.
- Sliced almonds – Adds a delicious crunch to this salad! You could use walnuts, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds in place if desired.
If you’re looking to add a little protein to this salad it pairs perfectly with grilled chicken, shrimp, or even salmon!
You’ll simply cook your protein whatever way you enjoy, let it cool slightly, and add to the salad right before serving.
Is this salad different than the famous TikTok salad
Yes, this is a traditional Green Goddess salad! That salad is more of a chopped salad made with cabbage, cucumbers, and a vegan-based dressing.
Both are delicious but this is a more standard salad made with lettuce and mixed greens.
Storage and leftovers
Salad typically does not make for good leftovers.
Especially a salad with avocado as it will brown and oxidize if left for too long.
I recommend making this salad and eating it all in one day.
If you need to make it in advance you can make the salad (minus the avocado!) and store it separately from the dressing.
Add the avocado and toss the salad with the dressing right before serving.
More salad recipes
- Craving a salad using fresh summer ingredients? Try my Tomato Peach Caprese Salad.
- Want a fruit and grain salad? Try my Strawberry Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad.
- Need an easy summer salad? Try my Grilled Sourdough Panzanella Salad.
- Love roasted veggies? Try my Roasted Asparagus Caesar Salad.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 anchovy filet
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup sliced chives
- 2 cups romaine hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 persian cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch thick half moons
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, for garnish
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, and anchovy filet to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the garlic and anchovy are minced, about 30 seconds.
- Next add the lemon, parsley, tarragon, and chives.
- Pulse until the herbs are finely chopped and the dressing is your desired consistency, about 45 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store this dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Add romaine, salad greens, cucumber, avocado, peas, and celery to a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle over the almonds and serve immediately.
- The avocado will brown as it sits so this salad should be served immediately after assembly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.