This simple ham cheddar cranberry melt sandwich is the perfect way to use up leftover Christmas ham. A perfect balance of sweet, salty, and cheesy.
I’m super picky about ham.
If I’m going to eat it better be smoked and never super sweet.
That means if it’s caked with brown sugar I don’t want it. I know, I’m so high maintenance.
Last year I shared my pineapple bourbon butter glazed ham recipe and it’s still hands down my favorite tasting ham.
This year I remade that ham but instead of sharing the recipe with you again (why would I do that?) I decided to instead share a recipe to help use up all that ham.
Normally I just take some squishy white bread and top it with yellow mustard and cold ham. BUT that doesn’t really make a good blog post…am I right?
This sandwich gives a little more oomph to the sandwich game without being too complicated.
It combines super sharp cheddar cheese, leftover ginger laced cranberry orange sauce, and a sprinkling of hearty baby greens.
It’s super simple to make and is super melty and delicious since I made it in my handy dandy griddler.
Melty cheese, smoked ham and cranberry.
Love this ham cheddar cranberry melt?
Why not try a few of my other delicious ham leftover recipes!
- Easy Ham and Bean Soup
- Baked Apple Butter Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Ham Cobb Salad
- Skillet Cheesy Gnocchi with Peas and Ham
- Ham and Cheese Scones
Ham Cheddar Cranberry Melt
- 2 large slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 slices ham
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup hearty baby greens
- Heat griddle or panini press to medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Lay 2 slices of cheese on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread.
- Top with ham, cranberry sauce, hearty baby greens, and remaining cheese.
- Top with remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Add to the griddle and cook for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melty and the bread is toasted.
- I like to cook my sandwich at a lower heat for a longer time because it ensures that my whole sandwich will be warmed.