This mixed green salad with bacon, goat cheese, and fried egg is a great protein pack salad option. Made with a fresh homemade red wine vinaigrette and perfect for lunch or dinner. You’ll love this easy salad!
I’m on a bit of a salad kick lately.
I’m not really sure why but I’m not going to question my body when it’s craving green vegetables. Of course, I always find a way to unhealthify (I’m pretty sure that is not a word) my salads and added a little bacon and cheese.
The fried egg on top was just the icing on the cake.
Well, the icing on the salad. You get it.
I had never had the egg/salad combo before and I can guarantee you it’s amazing.
I’m pretty sure a fried egg on top of almost anything is amazing.
Please don’t argue with me. I will always think I’m right.
Since this was my lunch, and I’m a bit of a pig, I basically combined two salads to make my meal.
That is why you will see two eggs in my bowl. I tried to make them beautiful and centered but that didn’t really work so well.
Either way, it still tasted great.
Also, these greens are from our first CSA bag.
They were super fresh and delicious. We also got a bunch of other greens and some Japanese turnips.
Be on the lookout for other CSA bag inspired recipes later this week and throughout the whole summer!
Love this Mixed Greens Salad with Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Fried Egg?
- 4 thick slices of bacon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups washed mixed greens
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Fry sliced bacon until crisp. Put onto paper towel lined plate to soak up excess grease. Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Set pan aside.
- In a small bowl mix together red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. While whisking slowly add in olive oil until combined and vinaigrette is formed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl add greens and pour vinaigrette on top. Toss to cover all the greens. Divide greens evenly between four bowl and top evenly with bacon and goat cheese.
- In bacon pan, heat grease and fry four eggs over easy. Careful not break the yolk.
- Top salad with fried egg and enjoy.