These copycat P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps taste just like the ones from the famous restaurant, packed full of delicious sweet and savory flavors!
I love going to P.F. Chang’s, but sometimes going out to eat isn’t an option, and I still want to have those same delicious flavors at home.
These copycat P.F. Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps are identical to the ones found in the restaurant, and because we can control the quality of the ingredients, they taste even better!
Sweet and savory soy and hoisin sauces, spicy sriracha, lean ground chicken, and crunchy water chestnuts with earthy garlic, all come together wrapped in a crisp lettuce wrap for a perfect meal in every bite.
So next time you need a delicious lunch or dinner, skip the takeout, and make these copycat P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps at home!
Craving more lettuce wraps? Try my Thai Ground Chicken Lettuce Cups!
Ingredients for copycat P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the sauce:
- Hoisin sauce – Hoisin sauce is a thick, sweet, and salty sauce used in Chinese cuisine.
- Soy sauce – Soy sauce will give us a rich umami flavor and saltiness.
- Rice wine vinegar – Rice wine vinegar is slightly sweet and tart.
- Sriracha – Sriracha is a popular condiment that is made from chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
- Cornstarch – Cornstarch will help thicken the sauce so it coats every piece of water chestnut and chicken evenly.
For the lettuce wraps:
- Ground chicken – This lean protein absorbs all the flavors of our sauce and cooks up fast for our wraps.
- Garlic and onion – Classic additions that will give an earthiness to the lettuce wraps.
- Ginger – Ginger will add a slight spice and sweetness to the dish.
- Sesame oil – Sesame oil will give us a strong, nutty flavor.
- Water chestnuts – Water chestnuts are crunchy and delicious, with a great texture contrast in our lettuce wraps.
- Butter lettuce leaves – Butter lettuce is the perfect cup size for our lettuce wraps.
What is hoisin sauce and where can I find it?
Hoisin is a thick sauce used in Chinese cooking.
It is often made with soybeans, flour, sugar, water, spices, garlic, and chili.
It is a complex, sweet, savory, and salty sauce.
You can find hoisin sauce at any Asian grocery store, online, or in the International Foods aisle of most major grocery stores.
If you’re not a fan of ground chicken, no worries.
You can substitute ground turkey, or even ground pork instead.
If you’re looking to make this dish meatless, try tofu or tempeh!
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover ground chicken from the copycat P.F. Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat the filling, simply place it on a microwaveable-safe dish covered loosely with a damp paper towel and heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More copycat recipes
- Looking for a delicious pink drink? Try my Homemade Starbucks Pink Drink
- Craving something sweet? Try my Copycat Tim Horton’s Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Love a shaken espresso? Try my Homemade Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For lettuce wraps:
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Butter lettuce, for serving
- Whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and cornstarch.
- Set aside until ready to use. If the cornstarch settles to the bottom, whisk again before using.
For lettuce wraps
- Add the sesame oil to a large skillet set over medium heat.
- When the sesame oil is fragrant, add the ground chicken and saute, breaking up the chicken, until it is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Then, add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir until the chicken is evenly coated. Cook for another minute. If the sauce thickens too quickly, thin it with ¼ cup water.
- Next, add the water chestnuts and green onions. Toss to combine and remove from the heat.
- Add a spoonful of the chicken mixture to a piece of butter lettuce and serve.
- Store any leftover filling in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat and then fill the lettuce leaves as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1259mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 29g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.