These peanut butter and jelly bars are the perfect dessert version of your favorite childhood sandwich. A peanut butter cookie base is topped with raspberry jam and salty chopped peanuts. You’ll love this easy sweet treat!
Hi everyone! I have something really exciting to share with all of you. I’m now blogging for Shop Rite Grocery Store! Please do me a BIG favor and check out my peanut butter and jelly bars post 🙂
Please click here to check out my recipe and to explore the all new Shop Rite Blog. Thanks!!!!
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups raspberry jam or preserves
- 2/3 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking paper or line it with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread over the bottom with a knife or offset spatula.
- Spread the jam evenly over the dough.
- Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Don’t worry if all the jam isn’t covered; it will spread in the oven.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.