These pumpkin churro cheesecake bars are going to be your new favorite fall treat! A fun twist to pumpkin cheesecake with a crispy pumpkin spice sugar crescent roll topping. Super easy to make and perfect for all your holiday dessert tables!
This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. All opinions are 100% my own. You can find delicious Pillsbury products at Walmart!
This recipe is my first official pumpkin recipe of 2016 – woot woot!
Now, I know a lot of blogs have been pumping out pumpkin recipes since August BUT I like to wait until October for my pumpkin love.
Well, now it’s October and now I’m here with this amazing pumpkin recipe.
These bars are not only pretty to look at they also combine some of my favorite things and throw them all together in one delicious dessert.
I made these bars on Saturday and in 2 days they were gone.
Yeah, I should not admit to that but it’s true. These bars stood zero chance of lasting more than 48 hours.
Now, I know you all want to know exactly what’s in these babies and I’m here to tell you!
The top and bottom are made from delicious Pillsbury crescent rolls (not just for rolling up and serving as a delicious carb-filled side!) sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice sugar and the middle is made out of a super creamy and dreamy pumpkin cheesecake.
The best part is that these delicious bars only take 35 minutes to bake SO which means if you can give it some time to cool you can start devouring these babies in just about 2 hours from start to finish.
And I know that technically these bars are not churros BUT I think we can all forgive my use of the word because sweet baby J these bars are worth it!
Plus that sugary topping is so 100% churro!
Of course, when you serve up these pumpkin churro cheesecake bars you could go plain, with whipped cream, OR with ice cream.
I prefer to put it on a plate and cover the whole thing in whipped cream BUT that could be a bit extreme.
Ok, no it’s not extreme. All pumpkin things should be covered in whipped cream.
Am I right?
Looking for more delicious pumpkin desserts?
- pumpkin cheesecake crumble squares
- no bake pumpkin cheesecake phyllo bites
- pumpkin pie cake bars
- pumpkin spice latte coffee cake
- butterscotch pumpkin bundt cake
- pumpkin butter honey cake
- pumpkin butterscotch cookies
Pumpkin Churro Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, egg, flour, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla bean paste.
- Mix for a few minutes until thoroughly combined.
- In a small container mix granulated sugar and remaining pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
- Open crescent rolls and put half the container (4 crescent rolls) into the bottom of the pan. Pressing together the seams to create a dough bottom.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with about half of the pumpkin pie spice sugar mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture overtop the crescent roll bottom.
- Take the remaining crescent rolls and make another crescent square, as you did for the bottom mixture. Making sure to press the seams together.
- Put your crescent dough square on the top of the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle the top with the remaining pumpkin pie spice sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden and the cheesecake mixture is set up.
- Let cool for at least an hour to set up.