This sheet pan chicken and potato dinner with green beans is ready in under an hour and devoured in just minutes. You’ll love how easy this dinner is to throw together and it will be sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters!
I LOVE sheet pan dinners. Until just recently I never really gave them their fair chance but now I’m 100% on board with all things sheet pan. PLUS that whole easy clean up/one pan thing really makes me love them even more. Oh, and I love the fact that I literally throw it in the oven and it just roasts away to golden brown perfection. That also means that I get to heat up my house with my oven heat because I’m irrational and refuse to turn on my heat. I told Art I want to make it to November 1st before turning on the heat. He said he would like to try and make it to Thanksgiving. I’m sure we’ll meet in the middle. Every. Single. Year. We try to see how long we can wait it out. I think the longest we waited was December 1st. However, that was only because it was a weirdly warm fall.
I also love this recipe because it’s from my friend Mary Younkins (from the blog Barefeet in the Kitchen) new book The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook: Simple Family-Friendly Recipe for Everyday Home Cooking. You guys, I love this book sooooooo much. I’m always on the hunt for easy recipes but sometimes they rely too much on store bought ingredients or are just so simple they come off boring. But I’m happy to report that is not what this book is about! This book includes crazy delicious meals that are PACKED full of flavor.
Now, this sheet pan chicken and potato dinner because it’s made with chicken thighs, baby red potatoes, green beans and a delicious lemon herb drizzle. AND the skin cooks up perfectly crisp. That is my favorite part!
- 6 small bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and get out a large rimmed sheet pan.
- Place the chicken, potatoes, and green beans on the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and all of the spices.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the meat, potatoes, and vegetables.
- Use your hands to stir the pieces around a bit and make sure everything is well coated. Be sure to leave the chicken skin-side up.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and roast for approximately 50 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- The potatoes should be tender and slightly crisp and the green beans should be browned, crisp, and somewhat shriveled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 707mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.