This spring minestrone soup with lemon whipped ricotta is perfect for cool nights. It’s packed full of vegetables, is vegetarian friendly and ready in just 30 minutes! Your whole family will love this easy and flavorful soup.
It’s me again!
I know, I totally posted 2 times this week. Are you shocked?
Of course, I’m showing up with soup because as we all know – soup is the best. Ok, I know not everyone agrees with that statement but if you live in my house you agree. We are 100% soup lovers.
I especially love soup this time of the year because I have already shut my heat off and refuse to turn it back on.
Soup is free heat. It’s my new motto.
I guess if you live somewhere warm you could also eat this in your air conditioned house to stay cool.
By the way, I’m jealous if that sentence is your life. I need sunshine. And warmth.
I’m always such a whiner this time of the year. Sorry.
Now, maybe I should talk about this soup?
Do you like oregano? Vegetables? Lemon? Ricotta? Pasta?
If you answer yes you’re going to LOVE this spring minestrone soup. It’s vegetarian friendly, packed full of fresh herbs and vegetables and ready in 30 minutes.
Yep, 30 minutes!
If you want to add a little more protein shredded chicken works great in this soup!
If you’re feeling extra herby a tiny pinch of fresh mint on top is LOVELY!
Love this spring minestrone soup?
Try my Peruvian Chicken Soup, Creamy Carrot Orange Soup, Succotash Soup, Lemon Chicken Vegetable Farro Soup, Chilean Carbonada Soup, Chicken Avocado Cilantro Lime Soup or my Roasted Cauliflower Fennel Leek Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, cleaned, trimmed and thinly sliced into half moons
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced asparagus
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 8 ounces small shaped pasta, cooked
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup ricotta
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly cracked, to taste
- Add butter to a soup pot and set over medium high heat.
- When the butter is melted add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano and saute for a minute.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add in the zucchini, asparagus, peas and white beans. Cook for 5 minutes to just soften the vegetables.
- Turn off the heat and stir in parsley, cooked pasta and lemon juice.
- Using a mixer, blend ricotta cheese with lemon zest until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Season soup with kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with a dollop of whipped ricotta on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 1011mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 17g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.