This toasted coconut tiramisu is packed full of sweet mascarpone cheese, toasted coconut, and coffee and rum-soaked ladyfingers.
What is the deal with this winter? It just won’t go away.
All I want is to open my windows, not wear a jacket, and cruise down the road with my windows open.
Is this too much to ask?
I keep telling my husband that we are moving somewhere warm.
At this point, I don’t really care where as long as it’s not the west coast.
I’m just not sure I could swing living in California.
I did a home search and the prices blew my mind.
Trust me, if you think living in New York is expensive it’s nothing compared to what I saw in California.
I will never pay a million dollars for a ranch home.
Since we have now established I won’t move to California (unless I hit the lottery and can move to 90210 and hang out with Brandon Walsh) I guess I will just suck it up and hope for the best here in New York.
Today is officially the first day of spring so I’m guessing warm weather will show up soon…right?
There is one thing that is helping me get through this cold weather.
I was sent a sample of Island Coconut Coffee by Keurig Green Mountain. Drinking a cup of this coffee makes me think of a tropical island paradise.
It’s a vacation in a cup, but sadly once it’s gone you are back to reality. Le sigh.
I have drank the majority of this coffee the traditional way but I also gave it a try in this dessert.
Oh man, this toasted coconut tiramisu is coconut overload.
It’s full of Island coconut coffee, black rum, and toasted coconut.
It’s definitely a twist on the traditional but I think I might like this even better.
More coconut dessert recipes
- Strawberry Coconut Layer Cake
- Coconut Rum Lime Glazed Banana Bread
- Toasted Coconut Tres Leches Cake
- Fluffy Toasted Coconut Vanilla Bean Frosting
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup toasted sweetened coconut, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut coffee, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons black rum
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For ladyfinger mixture:
- 3/4 cup coconut coffee, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon black rum
- 1 packages soft ladyfingers
- In a medium sized mixing bowl stir together mascarpone cheese, 1/2 cup toasted coconut, coconut coffee, black rum and vanilla bean paste.
- In a bowl an electric mixer add heavy cream and sugar. Bean until soft peaks form.
- Add half the whipped cream mixture to the mascarpone mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold the remaining whipped cream into the mixture.
- After the mascarpone mixture has been prepared it's time to start to the ladyfinger mixture and assembly. Depending on your serving bowls you will get 2 to 4 servings. I used 2 small trifle glasses.
- In a small bowl stir together the coconut coffee and black rum. Quickly dip the 1 lady finger at a time and add to the bottom of the mini trifle glass. You should be able to fit 2-3 ladyfingers on the bottom layer. Top with mascarpone mixture and a sprinkling of the remainder toasted coconut. Follow for 2 more layers. Smoothing the top layer for appearance.
- Let the mixture set for at least an hour in the refrigerator to set up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 821Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 5gSugar: 43gProtein: 7g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.