This sweet and tart whole Meyer lemon tart is the perfect addition to your dessert table. Slightly sweet and full of lemon flavor it’s sure to impress.
Believe it or not, I made and photographed this tart almost two years ago. It has been sitting in my reserves just waiting to be used. I’m not really sure why I never posted this beauty. For a long time, I would look through the pictures and I hate every single one. I’m so finicky.
Last night I decided to just suck it up and edit the pictures. After everything was edited I realized there was nothing wrong with the picture. The tart was beautiful and the even though the lighting was a bit drastic I love the way they turned out. Plus the tart tastes amazing. Or amazeballs as I like to say.
As the title states, this tart includes a whole Meyer lemon. You literally just toss it in, whiz it up, cook it up and enjoy. Meyer lemons have a thinner skin than normal (I’m sure there is a name for what I’m calling “normal” lemons. If you know it tell me!) lemons so you don’t get that bitter pith bite. The crust is simple and slightly sweet. In fact, it’s the same crust I use in lemon bars.
Trust me, if you like lemon you will LOVE this tart. If you hate lemon you will probably hate this tart. Then again if you hate lemon I would have to question why would even be reading this post…
P.S. How could you hate lemon???
- 4-1/2 ounces sliced Meyer lemons seeds removed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9-inch non-stick removable bottom tart pan with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough just comes together.
- When making this crust the dough will first look very crumbly but just keep mixing until you see it come together in the bowl. This takes around 3 minutes.
- Press crust into the bottom of your greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
- In a bowl of a food processor add lemon slices, sugar, and butter.
- Process together until completely smooth. Scraping down the sides when needed.
- Add in eggs, cornstarch, and kosher salt and process until combined and smooth.
- Carefully pour the lemon mixture into the crust. Be careful to not fill the crust over the top or it will not remove correctly.
- Add tart to a baking sheet and bake for about 35 minutes until the filling is set and the center of the tart is just slightly jiggly. The top should also be a light golden color.
- Let the tart completely cool before popping it out of the tart mold.
- Serve room temperature lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar.