Summertime Tomato Sandwich

This summertime tomato sandwich is packed full of fresh summer tomatoes, creamy mayonnaise, fresh cracked pepper and a sprinkling of kosher salt.

Summertime Tomato Sandwich by Nutmeg Nanny

Every summer I get a craving.  A really really big craving.  Once I start seeing fresh summer tomatoes I have to have a tomato sandwich.  Have you ever made one? If not I highly suggest you give it a try.  It’s amazingly delicious and super simple.  I like mine on toasted bread, a little mayonnaise and tomatoes seasoned with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. It’s a perfect summertime sandwich Smile

Enjoy!!!

Summertime Tomato Sandwich by Nutmeg Nanny

Summertime Tomato Sandwich

Yield: 1 sandwich

2 slices fresh bread - toasted
Mayonnaise
Fresh tomato - sliced
Kosher salt
Pepper - freshly cracked

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

Toast bread and slather one side of each piece of bread with mayonnaise. Slice tomatoes and place on one piece of bread. Sprinkle tomatoes with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Cover with other slice of bread and enjoy!

22 Responses to “Summertime Tomato Sandwich”

Erica — July 15, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I am a tomato addict! I eat them straight from the garden with a little salt. A tomato sandwich sounds awesome though- I will make on soon with a little hummus! Happy weekend

Kirsten — July 15, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Me too! And I used to be a tomato hater when I was a kid. Thank god that changed!

Joanne — July 15, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Only really good summer tomatoes need apply for this recipe. Looks fabulous!

Veronica — July 16, 2011 at 11:17 am

You know, I don’t know how long it’s been since I had me a tomato sandwich. Sounds great–thanks for reminding me about it! One of my favorite books was Harriet the Spy, who loved tomato sandwiches, and that’s how I discovered them. Never heard of them before that!

Pat — July 16, 2011 at 11:58 am

I eat these sandwiches every summer. They are my favorite.

Raina — July 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Yum! I can see why you look forward to this. I have never had a tomato sandwich. I am sure it will be my new favorite too. Can’t wait for my tomatoes to be ready:)

Debbie — July 17, 2011 at 10:10 am

I agree….when tomatoes are in season I aboslutely love a big, juicy beefsteak tomato sandwich!

foodwanderings — July 17, 2011 at 11:12 am

Simple and delicious/ Love tomatoes on the vine!

Jersey Girl Cooks — July 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Love this! I make it all the time!

Barbara — July 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm

There’s nothing like it. Tomatoes right from the garden and fresh bread. I have dreams about it!

Chiara — July 18, 2011 at 7:10 am

I love tomatoes so much I don’t even add the mayo in my sandwich! I think I could eat it every day and never get tired of it.

Lara — July 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I add extra sharp cheddar cheese to my summer tomato sandwiches!

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — July 19, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I am now a tomato lover and the simplicity of this sandwich makes it delicious on so many levels!

Jen_from_NJ — July 19, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I had one today and it was amazing!

Kate@Diethood — July 20, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I love these simple samwiches. I sometimes add a slice or two of cucumber…yummo!

Bestfoodies — July 21, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Add a slice of smoked gouda and put it in the panini press and it is my favorite sandwich. Love those fresh tomatoes!

Denise @ Creative Kitchen — July 22, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I’m a very new tomato convert and lately the thought of a tomato sandwich certainly appeals to me. Mmm….

1. Pingback: Heirloom Tomato Panini Recipe | Panini Happy®

2. Pingback: Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes with Fontina and Thyme | Healthy Green Kitchen

3. Pingback: Five Healthy Labor Day Recipes Beyond the Barbecue