Mushroom Herb Goat Cheese Frittata

This mushroom herb goat cheese frittata is packed full of fresh grown AeroGarden herbs, Greek yogurt, tangy goat cheese and caramelized mushrooms. Hello breakfast!

This mushroom herb goat cheese frittata is packed full of fresh grown AeroGarden herbs, Greek yogurt, tangy goat cheese and caramelized mushrooms. Hello breakfast deliciousness!

If I had my way I would have a giant garden packed with fresh herbs. Have you ever seen Ina Gartens garden? I want that. I want giant rosemary bushes and basil that grows like wild flowers.

I would also like wild flowers that grow like wild flowers but I’m pretty sure I would kill them.

I’m so the worst at growing things. I even killed a cactus once.

A cactus! I always thought they were un-killable.

They are not.

This mushroom herb goat cheese frittata is packed full of fresh grown AeroGarden herbs (parsley, dill and basil), Greek yogurt, tangy goat cheese and caramelized mushrooms. Hello breakfast!

BUT it looks like my luck just might be turning around. I was recently given an AeroGarden to grow some herbs just to prove how easy it really can be. I’m not gonna lie. I figured I would be the one to break it and zero herbs would grow.

Well, obviously that is not the case because as you can see from above I got myself a harvest!

I grew dill, parsley and basil and at first I was worried. Every single day I would peer down at my plants willing to see a little speck of life. Then all of a sudden one day they just started growing and it got crazy from there. They started sprouting leaves and growing tall. I think I was a little giddy at watching all my plants come to life.

I was also giddy at the fact that soon I would have all the fresh herbs I could want!

This caramelized mushroom herb goat cheese frittata is packed full of fresh grown AeroGarden herbs, Greek yogurt, tangy goat cheese and caramelized mushrooms. Hello breakfast!

I harvested most of my herbs for this post and since they had just really started filling out. My husband was shocked to see that I cut them all down but it was necessary for optimal growing and the fact that I wanted a big herb packed frittata. I also couldn’t help but throw in some caramelized mushrooms, Greek yogurt and a TON of tangy goat cheese.

This frittata was delicious x100000000000000.

Truth.

{Looking for more tasty herb packed recipes? Try my bruschetta baked eggs, chicken souvlaki burgers or my cilantro apple slaw.}

This mushroom herb goat cheese frittata is packed full of fresh grown AeroGarden herbs, Greek yogurt, tangy goat cheese and caramelized mushrooms. Hello brunch!

Want to know more about the Aerogarden? Not only can you grow herbs but you can also grow tomatoes, bell peppers and flowers! Head on over to the Aerogarden website and check out all the different growers and seed pack options!

Mushroom Herb Goat Cheese Frittata

Yield: 4 servings

• 9 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup packed chopped herbs (I used dill, parsley and basil)
  • Pinch kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 4 ounces goat cheese

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl whisk together eggs, greek yogurt, herbs and salt. Set aside.

In a 10 inch skillet let over medium high heat add olive oil. Once the oil is hot add in mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned and soft. Add in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds just until the garlic is fragrant.

Stir the egg mixture again (just to combine incase it settled slightly while sitting) and pour over the mushrooms in the skillet.

Quickly mix together the ingredients in the pan, smooth to make sure it's even in the pan and dot the top of the mixture with little pieces of the fresh goat cheese.

Once you see the sides starts to set remove from the top of the stove and place in the oven.

Bake for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.

Let rest for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy warm.

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Miracle Grow and KitchenPlay. As always all opinions are 100% my own.

32 Responses to “Mushroom Herb Goat Cheese Frittata”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 26, 2015 at 5:40 pm

That is such a neat little herb growing system! Annnnd this frittata sounds awesome! Love all the herbs in there!

Medha @ Whisk and Shout — May 27, 2015 at 7:25 am

Cheers to fresh herbs! Love everything here, from the ingredients to the photos! Pinned 🙂

Paula - bell'alimento — May 27, 2015 at 8:16 am

I’m all about a cheesy shroomy frittata!

Heather / girlichef — May 27, 2015 at 8:17 am

Oh wow – this looks absolutely amazing. I’m a sucker for goat cheese in eggs…and with the herbs? Yes please!

Beth — May 27, 2015 at 8:35 am

I’m not good with plants either! I mainly blame it on the sun.. I water them but somehow the sun kills them! 🙂

Christie — May 27, 2015 at 8:39 am

We have had little luck with growing dill. Trying it again this year, or at least my husband is. I can totally kill a cactus! Your frittata sounds amazing for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Chicago Jogger — May 27, 2015 at 8:39 am

This looks delicious – I love that you used Greek yogurt + herbs. Pinning!

Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats — May 27, 2015 at 9:41 am

You had me at goat cheese girl,, then you added in fresh herbs and mushrooms.. I think I’m in love!

heather @french press — May 27, 2015 at 10:34 am

LOVE this frittata and those herbs are outstanding. I think I need to try an indoor herb garden because right now the squirrels and the birds are cleaning me out

Tonia from TheGunnySack — May 27, 2015 at 10:37 am

I really wish I was having this for breakfast, instead of my protein bar! It sounds amazing!

Catherine — May 27, 2015 at 11:11 am

Dear Brandy, I love the flavors going on in this dish…between the herbs and the goat cheese, this is just marvelous dear! xo, Catherine

Kate @ Diethood — May 27, 2015 at 11:38 am

Wow—I’ve been on the hunt for a truly gorgeous, awesome frittata for a while, AND this is IT!
    P.S. I’ve killed every herb that I tried growing…now I have my mom do it for me. 😀

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — May 27, 2015 at 11:42 am

Oh man, I want Ina Garten’s garden, too… almost as much as I want this frittata in my face, though. SO YUM.

claire @the realistic nutritionist — May 27, 2015 at 1:31 pm

This looks to die for!

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — May 27, 2015 at 1:40 pm

I love the idea of Aerogarden. I need to look into this more! What a beautiful frittata.

The Food Hunter — May 27, 2015 at 2:58 pm

this would be perfect for brunch.

Brenda@Sugar-Free Mom — May 27, 2015 at 3:54 pm

You packed an incredible amount of fresh herbs in this frittata and I totally want a piece right now!

Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files — May 27, 2015 at 4:26 pm

I am pretty sure I would be on cloud 9 all the time if I could have a garden with basil and mint. Even through some zucchini and tomatoes in there for one happy girl.

Emily | Rainbow Delicious — May 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm

This looks fabulous! I would probably sub cilantro for dill since my family isn’t a huge fan but I love how fresh this looks! I can see myself enjoying it for breakfast or for dinner and have pinned for later, thanks!

Kacey @ The Cookie Writer — May 27, 2015 at 9:41 pm

I cannot grow a darn thing! I wish I could because I love using fresh herbs. And this dish… I cannot explain how awesome it looks! I have everything on hand but the herbs!

Des @ Life's Ambrosia — May 27, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I was just looking at my basil plant and pouting. It looks awful already and it’s only May. Every year I have the hardest time with basil and cilantro! Hoping I can turn things around. This frittata looks marvelous though. Anything with goat cheese and I’m all in.

Ashlyn @ Belle of the Kitchen — May 28, 2015 at 3:07 am

I’ve killed every plant I’ve ever tried to grow. I would LOVE to grow herbs, especially basil and cilantro because I’m ALWAYS buying them at the store. I love all of the yummy ingredients in this frittata, and the goat cheese!!

Lora @cakeduchess — May 28, 2015 at 6:39 am

I love Ina’s gorgeous herbs in her garden. I have good luck with herbs in mine, but not much with any thing else. Nothing like a fresh and wonderful spring frittata filled with herbs!

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — May 28, 2015 at 9:35 am

I love growing fresh herbs. This year I’ve added them to pots right outside my kitchen door. They’re so convenient there, plus they help keep mosquitoes away from the door (they hate the smell of most herbs).
    This fritatta has all of my favorite things. Love all the fresh herbs and the goat cheese! I’ll bet this is amazing!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — May 28, 2015 at 10:00 am

ooo I’ve been thinking of getting a AeroGarden! I wasn’t sure if I’d like it but I think I may have to give it a go! Love the frittata!

Becky Winkler (A Calculated Whisk) — May 28, 2015 at 11:52 am

I really want this right now. So impressed with your harvest!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — May 28, 2015 at 1:17 pm

I kill all my herbs, too! Booo. And what a gorgeous frittata!

Martha @ A Family Feast — May 28, 2015 at 6:52 pm

I am so glad our outside garden is growing again…but an AeroGarden is something to consider for cooler weather months!

Marjory @ Dinner-Mom — May 29, 2015 at 10:30 am

I need an AeroGarden! Love fresh herbs, but they never last long in the heat! And, the frittata is calling my name too!

Andi @ The Weary Chef — May 30, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Ooh, yes! Everything about this looks and sounds amazing! Must try immediately.

Cookin Canuck — June 2, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Yeah, I want Ina’s garden , too! I’m so happy to have fresh herbs and tomatoes in the summertime, and this frittata looks like a fantastic way to highlight those herbs.

1. Pingback: Five Things Friday 5.29.15 - Fitting It All In