Homemade Starbucks Pink Drink

This homemade Starbucks pink drink gives you all the flavor of the store bought drink without all the cost of a store bought drink. Plus you can customize how much sweetness you desire. You’ll love how fresh this drink tastes!

This homemade Starbucks pink drink gives you all the flavor of the store bought drink without all the cost of a store bought drink. Plus you can customize how much sweetness you desire. You'll love how fresh this drink tastes!

I spend WAY too much money at Starbucks. If there was ever a time for an intervention now is the time! I have my account hooked up to PayPal so that makes it really easy to just keep refilling my card without even realizing it’s refilling. It’s a vicious cycle that Starbucks has sucked me into.

Jerks.

BUT I guess I made my own little intervention by finally learning how to make my OWN homemade Starbucks pink drink! The best part about making it at home (besides saving money, duh!) is that you can customize your sweetness level and quality of ingredients.

Now, I will say this about my version versus the version in the store. I decided to use the acai berry tea because I LUUUUUUURVE it and love the flavor it brings to the drink. The store bought version uses green coffee extract. So that means this version has a “hint” of tea flavor but the acai berry flavor is pretty strong. PLUS I didn’t feel like paying over $20 for green coffee bean extract pills.

AND I figured by using this acai berry tea that is readily available in the stores it makes it easier for everyone reading this to go home and make this TODAY!

*I bolded the words above because I don’t want this to be a shock to you. This recipe includes tea. It will have a slight tea taste where the one from Starbucks typically does not. This is all explained above.

Now, if you’re not a fan of coconut milk I think almond milk or soy milk could make a great substitute. BUT give the coconut milk try first because it’s pretty freaking banging. PLUS coconut milk is pretty easily available so you should be able to find it in any store.

Sooooooooooo with all that said you need to get to the store, buy all the ingredients and get to making this drink! You will LOVELOVELOVELOVE it!

{Looking for more fun summertime drinks? Try my strawberry watermelon agua fresca, grapefruit rosemary sage spritzer or my sparkling honey rosemary lemonade.}

Homemade Starbucks Pink Drink

Yield: 2-3 drinks

• 4 packs acai berry tea
  • 1 cup hot boiling water
  • 1/2 cup white grape juice
  • 1-2 cups unsweetened coconut milk*
  • Fresh sliced strawberries
  • Agave nectar, optional

In a 2 cup glass measuring cup add unwrapped tea packets. Pour hot water over the packets and let sit until cool. Squeeze out tea packets and toss.

Pour white grape juice into the measuring cup with the tea.

Fill a glass with ice and add about 1 cup of the tea/grape juice mixture. Top off with the desired amount of coconut milk.

Add in sliced strawberries and add in sweetener if desired.

Note: A number of these ingredients can be customized to your liking. Don't want as much grape juice? Don't add as much. Want more coconut milk? Don't add as much of the tea mixture. It's really up to you. The sweetener is optional because I like my pink drink just a little less sweet than the store-bought version.

*I used coconut milk from a container that you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Also, PLEASE NOTE you will have to add a lot of agave nectar to make this as sweet as the one you get from Starbucks. If you like the sweetness of the Starbucks drink pour it on in! If you're like me and like it less sweet don't add much. This is up to you. If you write me to complain that it wasn't sweet enough I'm going to point you to this note. The world is your sugary oyster. Add as much of that agave nectar as you please.

26 Responses to “Homemade Starbucks Pink Drink”

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — July 5, 2016 at 12:30 pm

This is such a great idea! I love the ingredients!

Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen — July 5, 2016 at 2:47 pm

I haven’t tried the Starbucks pink drink, so this sounds like the perfect way for me to try it and save money at the same time. Plus, it’s so pretty.

Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet — July 5, 2016 at 5:26 pm

I’ve never tried their pink drink but I think I’m going to have to make yours because it sounds so good!

The Food Hunter — July 5, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I’ve never even heard of this drink…but I so want to try it.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — July 5, 2016 at 5:56 pm

This is my new favorite drink at Starbucks! So excited to try it at home!

christine — July 5, 2016 at 7:10 pm

I have never tried this at starbucks. I generally stick w/ coffee or green tea but this looks like a good switch up for summer. I love the flavor combination in it.

Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen — July 5, 2016 at 7:15 pm

This drink sounds so good, I love all of the ingredients!

Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious — July 5, 2016 at 7:24 pm

What rock have I been under that I don’t even know pink drink? Now I want it.

Patricia @ Grab a Plate — July 5, 2016 at 10:07 pm

I haven’t tried Sbux pink drink, but have been wanting to! BUT…..now that I have your fab recipe, what do I need them for? Sounds great!

Karyn — July 5, 2016 at 10:44 pm

If it’s pretty frickin bangin, then I’m all in. I’ve not tried it yet. Are you going to make a purple drink next?

Krista — July 5, 2016 at 11:19 pm

I love when you can stay home and have a delicious Starbucks drink!

Citra Kale @Citra's Home Diary — July 6, 2016 at 5:27 am

I hardly ever to starbuck, but I would love to try this new drink at home!

Nancy | The Bitter Side of Sweet — July 6, 2016 at 6:35 am

My account is hooked up to Paypal as well and it is probably not a good thing! Glad I can make this at home now!!

Amanda @ Cookie Named Desire — July 6, 2016 at 11:59 am

Yeah, my Starbucks is also hooked up to my paypal. those evil geniuses! I never tried their pink drink before, but I am all about this homemade version with the acai tea. What a stunnah!

Beth Baumgartner — July 6, 2016 at 12:30 pm

I think my favorite part about this post is that you have real starbuck’s cups! I can see this going crazy on pinterest!

Joanie @ ZagLeft — July 6, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Oh my gosh, I can’t wait to try your recipe! You are a genius – my wallet thanks you 🙂

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — July 6, 2016 at 7:06 pm

I don’t frequent Starbucks much, and I’ve never had their pink drink. That said, this looks cool and refreshing and that color is just so, so pretty!

Jessica @ Savory Experiments — July 7, 2016 at 7:52 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m thinking of all of the money I’ve wasted at Starbucks over the years that I can now save making this at home!

Miranda — July 7, 2016 at 12:33 pm

I haven’t tried the pink drink at Starbucks but this might be the perfect way to do so and save money! It’s so pretty!

Sharmeen — July 27, 2016 at 12:28 pm

this looks yum! since i’ve also never tried the starbucks pink drink, i’m just wondering how much “desired coconut milk” would you suggest to add in to start?

• nutmegnanny replied: — July 30th, 2016 @ 12:27 pm

Hi Sharmeen – I add about 1/2 cup per glass but it’s really a personal choice 🙂

Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — November 15, 2016 at 10:38 am

This is my favorite drink….and it’s great year round. Just sayin’.

lily — February 7, 2017 at 10:25 am

This looks so delicious I cant wait to try it.:))

Lindsey — April 20, 2017 at 6:37 pm

This was disgusting! I frequently order the “pink drink” from Starbucks and this is nothing like it. Mine also came out a dark brownish color. Ick! Will NOT make again. Waste of money ordering the Acai tea bags :/

• nutmegnanny replied: — April 21st, 2017 @ 12:36 am

Hi Lindsey! Sorry, you didn’t like the drink – as I stated in my post the tea gives it a little hint of a tea taste but I personally think it tastes pretty similar except I make mine a lot less sweet. I have zero idea why the pink drink would turn gray. As you can see from the video that the pink from the tea mixed with the white grape juice and coconut milk makes a pink color. Also, that tea is excellent iced!

Tysa — May 1, 2017 at 5:21 pm

You can buy those Green Coffee Extract Pills on Amazon for WAYYYY cheaper! I’m not sure that it actually adds a taste difference or if it’s just how they’re adding caffeine to the drink since it’s NOT tea, but if you’re looking to give that part a try without spending even over $10, look on Amazon, girl!