This blueberry lemon ricotta olive oil cake is the perfect snacking cake. Sprinkled with a little powdered sugar and great for breakfast or dessert! Plus the cake is super moist and crazy easy to make! You’ll want to get into the kitchen and make this cake asap!
CAKE – It’s one of my most favorite desserts.
Especially in this case where the cake is sort of a snacking cake so I feel confident that it’s perfect for breakfast.
I mean, as an adult I should probably stop eating cake at breakfast but we all know that is not happening anytime soon.
PLUS this cake has blueberries and blueberries are fruit SOOOOOOO it’s totally fine.
In fact, my husband who isn’t even a huge cake fan was all over this blueberry lemon ricotta olive oil cake.
He came home from work and ate a slice every single night after work and before dinner.
I mean, who doesn’t love a little dessert before dinner?
Also, this cake is especially moist not only from the use of ricotta but the addition of Oleificio Zucchi olive oil.
Seriously – if you haven’t made yourself an olive oil cake you need to get on that ASAP!
It’s so delicious and keeps your cakes really moist.
I made a roasted strawberry olive oil cake a few months ago and now I’m back at it but this time it’s with blueberries and lemon.
If you have never heard of Zucchi Olive Oil you need to get to the store, look for it, and buy all. the. bottles.
They sent me four different blends – Sinfonia extra virgin olive oil, sweet & fruity extra virgin olive oil, organic extra virgin olive oil and 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil.
For this cake, I went with their sweet & fruity blend because I wanted a nice mild blend that would work well in a dessert cake.
PLUS if you’re all about using good quality ingredients this olive oil is straight up for you!
One of the things I love about Zucchi olive oil is that you can see exactly where your olive oil came from by searching the QRcode on the label of the bottle you purchased or by entering the serial number and verification code on their website.
How cool is that?
There are a million different ways to use olive oil (salad dressing, preserved vegetables, frying, etc.) but we all know my favorite way is this cake!
It’s such a fun substitute for the traditional use of butter or vegetable oil. It brings a subtle olive oil flavor that pairs perfectly with the blueberries and lemon.
Plus it’s even better when dusted with just a touch of powdered sugar.
I have a sneaking suspicion it would be awesome with a dollop of whipped cream too!
Love this blueberry lemon ricotta olive oil cake?
Why not try a few of my other cake recipes!
- Cherry Fritter Cake
- Toasted Coconut Tres Leches Cake
- Greek Yogurt Grapefruit Poppy Seed Cake
- Cream Sherry Bundt Cake
- Apple Pie Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Date Cake
- Blueberry Fritter Cake
- Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Maple Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Black Forest Cake
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Zucchi olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl add ricotta, granulated sugar, olive oil, and lemon zest.
- Stir to combine and mix in eggs, one at a time.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the ricotta mixture and stir just until combined.
- Add in blueberries and gently fold in making sure to not break them.
- Add the cake batter to your prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked and lightly browned on top.
- Let the cake cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.