These brownie mix cookies couldn’t be easier to whip up, using store-bought brownie mix, butter, and an egg, you’ll have cookies in no time!
There’s no shame in taking a shortcut to make cookies if that means the cookies are ready to be eaten faster!
These brownie mix cookies take store-bought brownie mix and add just a couple of simple ingredients–butter, and an egg–and make the most delicious, chewy, fudgy chocolate cookies.
The best part is? All of the dry ingredients are pre-measured for you in the brownie mix; no need to fuss with cups or measuring spoons!
It’s the perfect recipe for little ones to help too; they’ll come out perfect every time.
Trust me, if you need a last-minute dessert, or are looking for an easy treat, you’re going to love these cookies.
Ingredients for brownie mix cookies
- Boxed brownie mix – Feel free to use your favorite store-bought brownie mix!
- Butter – This will add the necessary moisture and fat to the cookie.
- Egg – The egg will help emulsify all of the ingredients together.
Feel free to get creative and add mix-ins to your cookies!
Here are a few of my favorite additions:
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, or pecans)
- Butterscotch chips
- Chocolate, or white chocolate chips
- M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces
- A pinch of cinnamon
Tips for the perfect cookie
To make sure your brownie mix cookies come out perfect and chewy every time, be sure not to overbake them!
Overbaking the cookies will dry them out and when they cool, they’ll turn rock-hard.
Another great tip is to use a cookie scoop!
A cookie scoop is a great way to make sure all of your cookies are the same size, so they bake at the same time. No cookies will be at risk of being over or under-done.
Freezing brownie cookies
These cookies can be frozen ahead of time.
Bake and cool the cookies, and place them in a freezer-safe bag or container.
They can stay frozen for up to 3 months!
To thaw, leave it out overnight on the counter.
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More cookie recipes
- Looking to impress? Try my Birthday Cake Macarons
- Love hazelnuts? Try my Chocolate Hazelnut Puddle Cookies
- Need something fruity? Try my Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies
- Want something lemony? Try my Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- 1 (18.75 ounce) box brownie mix
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, butter, and egg.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized portions onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to place them at least 2” apart.
- (Optional) Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of each ball of cookie dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or just until the cookies are set around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the tray before transferring them to an airtight container.