This sweet butterscotch pumpkin bundt cake is packed full of pumpkin and sweet butterscotch morsels. Then I drizzled it with a cream cheese glaze and called it my new favorite cake.
I feel like I should win an award for holding off on posting a pumpkin recipe until October. I feel like it’s been all over the place for over a month. I can say that I made this butterscotch pumpkin bundt cake a few weeks ago so I caved on the pumpkin love at home.
I’m not sure why but I almost never make bundt cakes. I’m always scared that I’m going to pop it out of the pan and the little jerk is going to crack in half. I pretty much jumped for joy when this thing easily just pop out of its pan.
Does this happen to anyone else? Am I the only one who fears the possible jerkiness of the bundt pan?
I kept this cake pretty simple but jazzed it up by throwing in some butterscotch morsels (use the good stuff!) and covered the top in a super creamy cream cheese frosting.
I then preceded to eat almost the whole cake. Well, that’s not true. I saved some for my husband but since he is one of those weird people who are happy with just one slice of cake I ate the rest.
I’m the worst.
I cannot be trusted when there is cake in the house. Especially when that cake is butterscotch pumpkin bundt cake.
Love this butterscotch pumpkin bundt cake?
Why not try a few of my other delicious pumpkin desserts?!
- Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee
- Streusel Topped Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Churro Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Phyllo Bites
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread Pudding
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix together until blended. The mixture will be thick.
- Add in Greek yogurt, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add in flour mixture until fully combined.
- Fold in butterscotch chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Let the cake rest in the pan for 5 minutes and pop the cake out of the pan onto a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cake is cooled cover in cream cheese glaze and devour.
- In a mixer cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste, and 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
- Mix on low and add more cream until your reach your desired consistency. I like mine to be thick so it doesn't completely drip off. More of a frosting than a glaze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 7g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.