These super easy chocolate chunk macaroons are the perfect easy cookie! Made with just a few simple ingredients they whip in no time!
Are you looking for a super simple cookie that is sure to please a crowd?
Look no further than these chocolate chunk macaroons!
Not only are they delicious and chewy but they are also gluten-free!
If you want a less sweet cookie, replace the sweetened shredded coconut with unsweetened coconut. However, sweetened is typically easier to find.
I made these macaroons with chocolate chunks but you can also use chocolate chips if you can’t find chocolate chunks.
Love these chocolate chunk macaroons?
Trust me if you’re looking for the perfect cookie this is it right here! I also made brown sugar orange macaroons a few years back that are equally as delicious!
More easy cookie recipes
- Need another twist to macaroons? Try my Brown Sugar Orange Macaroons.
- Craving chocolate and caramel? Try my Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Want the ulitmate peeanut buter cookie? Try my Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Love lemon? Try my Vanilla Bean Lemon Sugar Cookies.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, coconut, egg whites, chocolate chunks, vanilla, and salt.
- Use your hands to mix well, completely combining ingredients.
- Dampen hands with cold water. Form 1-1/2 tablespoons of mixture into a loose haystack shape, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, placing macaroons about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven to a wire rack, and let macaroons cool slightly on baking sheet.
- These are best served warm from the oven, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days; leave in a warm place for 1 hour before serving to allow chocolate to soften.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.