These caramel chocolate chip cookies are simple to make and filled with chopped caramel-filled chocolate bars. This recipe is sweet and delicious and is perfect for a quick cookie fix.
Are you craving an easy cookie recipe that is the perfect fix for quick cookies?
Well, these caramel chocolate chip cookies are just that!
I used a Ghirardelli caramel filled chocolate bar in these cookies for a delicious caramel chocolate flavor.
This cookie is chewy and this recipe makes 12 big delicious cookies.
Trust me, if you’re a big fan of big cookies with a mix of both chocolate and caramel this recipe is for you!
Ingredients for caramel chocolate chip cookies
- All purpose flour – I like to use unbleached flour but you can use whatever you have on hand or happen to have in your pantry.
- Kosher salt – Always add salt to your baked good! It helps bring in big time flavor.
- Baking soda – This helps your cookies rise.
- Brown sugar – Not only does brown sugar bring flavor but it also brings softness to the cookies.
- Granulated sugar – This helps add sweetness and add some stability to the dough.
- Melted butter – The reason we use melted butter instead of room temperature butter is that it makes for a chewier cookie.
- Egg and egg yolk – Not only does the added egg yolk bring richer flavor it also adds a bit of chewiness to the cookie.
- Vanilla extract – I love the addition of vanilla flavor but you could also use vanilla bean paste for an even heavier vanilla flavor.
- Ghirardelli caramel chooclate bar – This is what we chop up and add to the cookies to bring that caramel chocolate flavor!
Can I use a different candy bar addition?
If it’s hard to find a 3.5-ounce bar of Ghirardelli you can also chop up 3.5 ounces of their chocolate caramel-filled squares. You often find them in a bag.
How do you store leftover cookies?
I store leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days for optimal freshness.
While cookies will and can last longer they will eventually become stale in taste.
Love these caramel chocolate chip cookies?
Why not try a few of my other delicious cookie recipes?
- Love sandy cookies with jam? Try my Jam Filled Shortbread Cookies.
- Craving all things brown butter? Try my Brown Butter Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Are fresh bright flavored cookies your thing? Try my Vanilla Bean Lemon Sugar Cookies.
- Want the perfect chocolate chip cookies? Try my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5 ounce) bar Ghirardelli caramel filled chocolate bar
- In a medium bowl, add flour, kosher salt, and baking soda, whisk and set aside.
- In another large bowl, add brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk.
- Add the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Add 1 large egg and 1 yolk and the vanilla extract and whisk until just combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold in with a spatula.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and fold until there are no dry spots.
- Take the bar of chocolate and cut it into small pieces. Add into the dough and carefully fold until the chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare 2 baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop out the cookie dough in approximately 3 tablespoon balls and leave a lot of space in between - I put about 6 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the tops are a nice golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.