This coconut lime frozen margarita is just what your summer ordered! PACKED full of sweet coconut flavor and jazzed up with zippy lime juice, and rimmed with sweet sugar.
It’s that time of year again!
With pool parties and barbecues right around the corner, you’re going to want an easy and refreshing drink to keep you cool in the hot summer heat.
This coconut lime frozen margarita is a perfect crowd-pleaser and will satisfy all palates.
Trust me, it’s creamy, sweet, refreshing, and cool!
Lastly, the blender does all of the hard work here!
So that means you don’t have to wait for a party to make these!
You can easily whip these coconut lime margaritas up on any weeknight.
Trust me, this will be your new favorite summer drink!
Ingredients for coconut lime frozen margaritas
- Cream of coconut – This gives our drink a rich, creamy, coconut flavor.
- Tequila – The perfect choice for margaritas, this agave-based alcohol is fresh and clean.
- Triple Sec – Triple sec is an orange-flavored liqueur.
- Lime – Lime is bright and fresh and gives a great citrus flavor.
- Ice – This will give our margarita its thick, slushie-like consistency
What is cream of coconut?
Cream of coconut is a thick, sweet coconut syrup that can be easily found in the cocktail/alcoholic beverages section of your grocery store.
It is not coconut milk!
For this preparation, coconut milk is not thick enough, nor is it sweet enough.
I do not recommend substituting it.
Using bottled lime juice
Bottled lime juice is often very one-note: sour. It has lost all of that fresh, citrusy kick. I do not recommend using it in place of fresh lime juice here.
Different types of tequila
To keep it simple, there are two different kinds of tequila: gold, and silver.
Now, for this coconut lime frozen margarita, I have chosen silver tequila.
Personally, I like this choice because silver tequila has a stronger fresh, clean taste.
That’s because when silver tequila is made, it is bottled immediately and is not aged at all.
Gold tequila has more of a unique taste, and golden color, from it having been aged in barrels.
The flavor nuances of gold tequila would be lost in this coconut lime margarita, and I do not suggest substituting the silver tequila for gold.
More margarita recipes
- Looking for something herbaceous? Try my Cilantro Margarita
- Want something tart? Try my Fresh Grapefruit Margarita
- Love something spicy in your drink? Try my Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
- Need something pretty and purple? Try my Blood Orange Ginger Margarita
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 cups ice
- Toasted coconut, for topping, optional
- Lime slices, for garnish, optional
- Add cream of coconut, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, lime zest and ice to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more tequila if desired.
- If desired serve topped with toasted coconut and a lime slice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.