You’re not going to believe that this smooth and creamy cream of roasted asparagus soup is made in the Vitamix. It only takes a few simple ingredients and barely any time to get dinner on the table. It’s really that easy!
There is something so comforting about a big bowl of soup.
It’s even more comforting when I know I can make it quickly and simply. That is where this creamy of roasted asparagus soup comes in to play. Plus, it turns out so silky smooth thanks to my Vitamix.
You know I have raved about my Vitamix for years and I still stand strongly beside this beast. Especially for soup making. The motor is literally so strong that it keeps the soup warm. If you’re sitting there thinking “yeah, no blender is that strong.” You need to check out my Vitamix hot chocolate post. Not only do I show you how well the motor works (cold ingredients magically turned into the best hot chocolate you have ever had) but it’s one hell of a great recipe.
Plus the video was fun to make.
What do I need to make creamy of roasted asparagus soup?
Now, back to this soup.
I think the roasting of the asparagus is KEY to this soup. It brings a deep flavor that would be lost if we opted to just steam the asparagus. Which, of course, is an option if you don’t own an oven or just don’t want to turn it on.
Other than roasting I kept the recipe really simple. It doesn’t mean you can’t adapt or add more flavor if you want. I’ll add some ideas further down.
But, for basics all you’ll need are:
- Kosher salt and pepper
- vegetable stock
- half and half
That’s it. Super easy!
Can I adapt this recipe?
Sure! Obviously any adaptations will change the taste but I have a few tasty ideas to help your creative juices start to flow.
- Use almond milk instead of heavy cream. I have done this before and I LOVED it! I think coconut milk would work too.
- Deeper flavors
- Add in some roasted garlic, red crushed pepper, or even roasted shallots.
- Fresh flavors
- While blending add in fresh dill or chives.
Ok, so now that you see how easy it is to make this soup you need to go make it asap.
For real. Not even kidding.
It’s a necessary part of your weekend.
Loving this cream of roasted asparagus soup?
Why not try some of my other delicious soup recipes!
- Easy Ham and Bean Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Peruvian Chicken Soup
- Spicy Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Lemon Chicken Vegetable Farro Soup
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chicken Avocado Cilantro Lime Soup
- 1-1/2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sour cream, for topping, optional
- Minced fresh dill, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add asparagus to a high sided sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast until the stalks are soft but not mushy, about 12 minutes.
- Add asparagus stalks to a high powered blender and pour in vegetable stock. Start on the lowest speed and work your way up to the top speed. Blend until smooth and hot, about 6 minutes.
- Lower speed and add in heavy cream.
- Blend for 30 seconds just to help incorporate the dairy.
- Serve warm.
You can use chicken stock for a richer flavor.
Almond milk or half and half can be used in place of heavy cream.
I used a Vitamix high-speed blender which will keep the soup hot while blending. If you do not own a high-speed blender puree the soup and re-heat in a soup pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.