These crispy pan roasted chicken thighs are super easy, super crispy, and super delicious. Ready in just 30 minutes so they’re perfect for weeknight dinners!
Do you know what I love? Super crispy chicken skin.
Not sorta crispy. Don’t try to tell me your skin is crispy when it’s not. I won’t be fooled.
Oh, and don’t serve me up breaded chicken that has the breading half falling off either. Again, I cannot be fooled.
I want super crispy seasoned skin.
Perfectly crisp with just the right amount of kosher salt deliciousness.
I know I sound like a psycho about my chicken but I really do have my standards.
Luckily I now have the best crispy skin recipes in the history of ever. Super crispy, super seasoned and ready in just 30 minutes.
Rules for making these Crispy Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Put the chicken in the skillet, skin side down, and leave it alone. Don’t go picking it up and moving it around. Let it do its thing. It’s ok. It won’t burn as long as your temperature stays steady.
- Right before you put your chicken in the oven you can take a peek just to make sure it’s not browning too quickly.
- Season the skin with kosher salt and pepper. Don’t skip this step! Trust me, salty delicious chicken skin is awesome.
- No, you cannot remove the skin and still get crispy chicken. Please don’t send me an email about this.
- Chicken thighs are the best cut to use because they don’t dry out easily and since they contain a bone they are super flavorful.
- Chicken with skin will not kill you if you eat it once in a while. Bonus – it’s awesome.
- This recipe does not stink up your house like traditional chicken frying. That really is a bonus in my book.
Seriously, this skin! I die!
Don’t worry if you don’t have coconut oil on hand. You can also use vegetable oil for this recipe and it will turn out just as crispy and perfect.
Love these crispy pan roasted chicken thighs recipe?
Why not try a few of my other delicious chicken recipes!
- Sheet Pan French Dressing Chicken Thigh Dinner
- Chili Mango Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Sweet Soy Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Maple Ginger Chicken Thighs
- Citrus Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken
- Sheet Pan Garlic Lemon Chicken and Mushrooms
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Layout chicken thighs and trim off any extra skin.
- Cover the skin of the chicken with the desired amount of kosher salt and black pepper.
- In a small (oven safe!) skillet set over medium heat add coconut oil. Let the oil melt and get hot.
- Once the oil is hot add chicken into the skillet, skin side down. The oil needs to be hot enough so that when you place the chicken into the oil it sizzles.
- Let the chicken cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes place the chicken in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes flip the chicken and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before devouring.
This recipe can easily be doubled. Just use a larger skillet and 1 more tablespoon of coconut oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.