These crispy pan roasted chicken thighs are super easy, super crispy, and super delicious. Ready in just 30 minutes so they’re perfect for weeknight dinners!
Who needs a new, elevated chicken recipe, that’s done all in 1 pan, and ready in 30 minutes?
These crispy pan roasted chicken thighs are the perfect weeknight meal and a total crowd pleaser!
The chicken skin gets super crispy, while the dark meat stays ultra juicy.
And the best part about these chicken thighs is that you let the pan do all of the work for you.
No fussing, no flipping, nada.
You’re going to love how easy, and delicious these crispy pan roasted chicken thighs are!
Ingredients for crispy pan roasted chicken thighs
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs – Both the bone and the skin, help keep these chicken thighs juicy and delicious.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil can hold up to high cooking temperatures.
- Salt and pepper – Seems simple, but super important to help bring out the flavors in our chicken thighs.
Tips for making successful crispy chicken thighs
You will need chicken skin to make crispy pan roasted chicken thighs; so leave that skin on!
Make sure you season your chicken thighs well. Don’t be afraid of that salt and pepper!
Put your chicken thighs, skin-side down in your skillet and leave them alone.
Do not touch them.
You need to give the chicken time for the skin to evenly render out its fat and get crispy, without you poking and prodding it.
Monitor your heat!
If you notice anything starting to smoke, or smell like burning, simply dial back on your heat.
If you can’t use coconut oil, some great alternatives are corn oil, safflower oil, or avocado oil.
All of these oils have high smoke points, which means they can stand up to high temperatures.
I’ve decided to use salt and pepper here, but feel free to use lemon pepper, cajun seasoning, or any favorite spice rub.
Just remember to monitor your heat so nothing burns.
Storage and leftovers
These chicken thighs can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating is as simple as putting them in a pan on the stove, skin-side down on medium-low heat, for 5-7 minutes or until heated thoroughly. This will gently re-crisp the skin and warm the chicken throughout.
These crispy pan roasted chicken thighs are also pretty tasty cold, straight out of the fridge.
More chicken thigh recipes
- Craving something spicy? Try my Chili Mango Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Need something with easy cleanup? Try my Sheet Pan Garlic Lemon Chicken
- Love fall flavors? Try my Maple Ginger Chicken Thighs
- Looking for sweet and spicy? Try my Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken
- Want to use your air fryer? Try my Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Crispy Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs
These crispy pan roasted chicken thighs are super easy, super crispy, and super delicious. Ready in just 30 minutes so they're perfect for weeknight dinners!
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Layout chicken thighs and trim off any extra skin.
- Cover the skin of the chicken with the desired amount of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Over medium heat, set an 8-inch oven-safe skillet and add coconut oil.
- Let the oil melt and get hot.
- Once the oil is hot add chicken into the skillet, skin side down. The oil needs to be hot enough so that when you place the chicken into the oil it sizzles.
- Let the chicken cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes place the chicken in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes flip the chicken and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before devouring.
This recipe can easily be doubled. Just use a larger 12-inch skillet and 1 more tablespoon of coconut oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Saturday 20th of May 2023
I've been making this for some time, and it's one of my husband and my favorite dinners! We think it's as good as (but much healthier than) fried chicken! Thank you for this recipe!
Cast Iron Chicken - Nutmeg Nanny
Sunday 19th of June 2022
[…] Want to go back to basics? Try my Crispy Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs […]
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs - Nutmeg Nanny
Saturday 4th of June 2022
[…] Love crispy chicken but want to do it in the oven? Try my Crispy Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs. […]
Harissa Chicken Thighs - Nutmeg Nanny
Wednesday 23rd of March 2022
[…] Chicken Thighs, Maple Ginger Chicken Thighs, Citrus Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs, Crispy Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs, Sheet Pan Cranberry Balsamic Chicken and Green Beans, or my Honey Spiced Glazed […]
Friday 5th of November 2021
Made this last night and it was amazing! The slin was so crispy! 🤩