This delicious honey spiced glazed chicken is made with chicken thighs coated in flavorful spices and basted with a sweet honey glaze. It’s easily cooked under the broiler or on the grill. It’s sweet, spicy and oh so delicious!
The other day I was set on not going to the grocery store.
Do you ever have those days?
So I searched through the freezer and found a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs. After they defrosted I still had no idea what I was going to do. So I threw together some spices, made a glaze, and hoped for the best.
Yeah, this dish totally blew my mind!
I was hoping for good and got delicious. So easy and so packed with flavor. I think the addition of smoked paprika is key here. It packs a ton of flavor in such a small little package.
Have you gotten on the smoke paprika train yet?
The other great thing about this dish is the use of boneless skinless chicken thighs. They stay so moist and delicious and are perfect for broiling.
I haven’t personally tried this dish with thin-sliced chicken breasts but friends have told me it’s delicious.
During the winter I make this dish using my electric oven broiler. It makes it so simple to get dinner on the table quickly.
However, in the summer I love to do this dish on the grill. It’s really up to you but the grill gives the chicken such a great smoky flavor.
But really, no matter how you cook your chicken it will come out perfectly seasoned, slightly spicy and have just the right amount of sticky honey sweetness.
Say hello to your new favorite meal!
Love this honey spiced glazed chicken?
Why not try some of my other delicious chicken recipes!
- One Pot Ground Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Baked Ground Chicken Tacos
- Harissa Chicken Thighs
- Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Burgers
- Sweet Soy Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Un-tuck chicken thighs so they are flat.
- In a small bowl mix together chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano.
- Cover both sides in seasoning, set flat onto a sheet pan.
- On your oven, set your broiler to low heat and move the rack near the top of the oven.
- Add the chicken to the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes and flip the chicken.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on the other side.
- Remove chicken from the oven, flip, and baste the chicken in honey apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Add chicken back to the oven and let it cook under the broiler for a few minutes until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze. It may smoke a little but this is completely normal.
- Take chicken out of the oven and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
- * If you have a gas oven and your broiler is at the bottom you can bake the chicken at 400 degrees for about 15 - 20 mins.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 273mgSodium: 969mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 55g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Don’t know how to use your broiler? Click here to watch a helpful video!