These harissa chicken thighs are spicy, sweet and PACKED full of flavor. They are baked on a sheet pan and come out super crispy. If you love that spicy and sweet combination these chicken thighs are for you!
Remember that Moroccan Couscous with Chickpeas I posted on Tuesday?
Well, these harissa chicken thighs are the PERFECT pairing! In fact, as you can see, I even photographed it together!
I was going to put both recipes in one post but decided it would be best to split up.
Plus, by splitting it into 2 posts it gave me an extra post.
And, since I’m in the middle of a kitchen renovation and can’t cook I’m all about that extra post life.
We started the kitchen renovation on Monday and my kitchen already looks WAY different. I’m so excited to see the finished product.
I’m also excited to get back into my kitchen and get to cooking. It’s hard to live without a stove. Basically, all I have is an Instant Pot, slow cooker, microwave, and a griddler.
So basically we eat soup and sandwiches.
And Door Dash. So. Much. Delivery.
But, before the kitchen went into renovation mode I made these harissa chicken thighs.
They have that perfect crispy skin combined with sticky harissa honey glaze.
It’s sooooooooo delicious.
And a little spicy.
Which, if you follow my blog you’ve probably figured out I like spicy food.
If you’re not familiar with harissa it’s a sauce made out of hot chile peppers, garlic, olive oil, and spices.
It’s popular in Northern Africa and actually pretty easy to find in most supermarkets.
Just hit up the international aisle and you’ll likely find a jar.
Then just combine the harissa with honey and butter and you’re set!
These harissa chicken thighs are spicy, subtly sweet and super simple to make.
So. Much. Goodness.
Love these Harissa Chicken Thighs?
Try my Chili Mango Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs, Sweet Soy Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs, Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs, Maple Ginger Chicken Thighs, Citrus Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs, Crispy Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs, Sheet Pan Cranberry Balsamic Chicken and Green Beans, or my Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, Silpat liner, or foil, set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together butter, honey, harissa, and lemon juice.
- Lay chicken thighs onto your prepared baking dish and baste each chicken thigh (top and bottom) with the harissa mixture and place back on the sheet pan, skin side up.
- Add to the oven, cook for about 30 minutes, basting the chicken thighs with remaining harissa mixture 1-2 times while baking.
- Keep an eye on the chicken near the end of cooking time to make sure the skin doesn't burn. If the skin starts to brown too fast tent the chicken with foil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 601mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 46g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.