This Instant Pot zucchini soup is a fast and easy way to use up summertime zucchini. Easily made right in your Instant Pot and packed full of flavor. This soup is creamy and perfect for summer!
Are you craving a delicious summertime soup?
Well, look no further than this Instant Pot zucchini soup.
It’s made with simple flavors but tastes rich and is layered with flavor.
I added a touch of heavy cream at the ends but you could easily leave this vegan-friendly by omitting the heavy cream or adding in your favorite non-dairy heavy cream alternative.
This recipe is super easy to throw together and cooks up in just about 15 minutes right in the Instant Pot.
You’ll love this soup recipe and crave it all summer long!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Zucchini Soup
- Zucchini – I used basic green zucchini for this recipe but you could throw in some yellow summer squash as well. Both have similar tastes and textures.
- Garlic – I love the addition of garlic to this recipe and feel free to adjust for your love of garlic.
- Sweet onion – I like using sweet onion as it adds a little sweetness and flavor to the zucchini soup.
- Spices – I simply used kosher salt and black pepper but feel free to add some cayenne pepper for a little heat.
- Vegetable stock – I like to use vegetable stock but you could also use chicken stock for even more flavor.
- Heavy cream – Just a touch to add richness to the soup. If you’re looking to keep this vegan friendly simply omit the heavy cream or use a dairy-free alternative.
What is an Instant Pot?
There are a lot of horror stories about using old-fashioned stovetop pressure cookers but these are much safer and WAY easier to use.
They use high-pressurized steam to help cook meat and vegetables at a much quicker rate than traditional stovetop or slow cooker options.
Instant Pots are VERY easy to use and very safe. Don’t worry if you’re new to the electric pressure cooker world. You will absolutely LOVE it!
Making this creamy zucchini soup on the stovetop
Don’t own an Instant Pot?
You can make this soup on the stovetop by cooking the vegetables in a soup pot, adding 2 cups of stock, and cooking for about 20 minutes or until the zucchini is soft and falling apart.
Blend with an immersion blender and stir in the heavy cream.
Storage and leftovers
You can easily store this creamy zucchini soup in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If the soup looks separated it should come back together as you heat the soup. If not, simply blend it again and it will come back together.
You can freeze this soup for up to 2 months.
More zucchini recipes
- Love low-carb recipes? Try my Zucchini Lasagna Rolls.
- Craving a fun way to use up summer squash? Try my Sweet and Spicy Zucchini Pickles.
- Want a flavorful brunch or appetizer recipe? Try my Greek Zucchini Fritters.
- Need a flavorful dinner recipe? Try my Ground Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Turn your Instant Pot onto saute mode and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add the zucchini, garlic, sweet onion, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion and squash soften.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and pour in the vegetable stock.
- Add the lid to the Instant Pot, turn the nozzle to the seal position, and set the pressure high for 10 minutes. Keep in mind it can take 10-15 minutes to reach pressure in the Instant Pot.
- When the cooking time is complete allow the steam to naturally release for 5 minutes and then turn the nozzle to vent to manually release the rest of the pressure.
- When the lid unlocks, remove the lid, turn off the Instant Pot, and use an immersion blender (or pour the hot vegetables and stock into a high-powered blender) and blend until the soup is smooth. If you use a blender add it back to the pot.
- Stir in the heavy cream, taste, and season with additional kosher salt and black pepper if needed.
- Serve with pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of sour cream or heavy cream, or garnish with minced cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 808mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.