This one pot ground beef mushroom stroganoff is the perfect one pot crazy busy weeknight meal. This recipe is 100% homemade and made in just 30 minutes. Plus it’s packed full of meaty mushrooms and perfectly cooked egg noodles. You’ll love this dish!
When I was a teenager I found a random church cookbook that included a recipe for ground beef stroganoff that I LOVED. It was creamy, dreamy, and oh so easy to make. I always loved cooking but my early cooking skills were mostly following recipes closely and that was about it.
I took zero risks, I didn’t just throw stuff together and I didn’t think outside of the box.
That is why when I found the stroganoff recipe I went with the directions which included a few cans of cream of mushroom soup. Listen, I have nothing against the cream of (whichever vegetable or chicken) soup but as a food blogger if I share something with it people FREAK OUT.
I mean, I don’t really get it since TONS of people love the stuff but I swear if you make a recipe with Jello, Cool Whip, or Cream of… soup you’re immediately inundated with messages of how you are the worst and you can’t cook.
Seriously, it’s the downside of having a blog.
Now, honestly, I don’t do a lot of soup mix cooking but there are some recipes from my childhood that I LOVE that are made with soups. One of them is this random rice and chicken thing and the other is our family ground beef green bean casserole that is topped with mashed potatoes.
The more I think about it I really think I need to share those 2 recipes with you. Maybe I’ll figure out a way to make them without the soup for fear of backlash.
(Ok, why do I care so much? I know I shouldn’t. But I totally do.)
Ok, enough about how I hate criticism and more about this one pot ground beef mushroom stroganoff. Instead of using canned soups, I used some sour cream, beef stock, flour, and love.
Kidding. Love would be a ridiculous ingredient. I mean, I make my food with love but I’m not one of those people who would write it out on a dishtowel or anything.
Man, I’m really freaking snarky tonight. Sorry, it was a rough day that involved me whinging on Instagram stories about loud neighborhood kids, my husband who didn’t put together a shelf, then in-person text fighting with said husband over shelving unit when he saw the IG story and was offended I bitched about him online and then finally the fact that is was grey and rainy all day.
I need the sun.
But the good thing about this one pot ground beef mushroom stroganoff is that it’s crazy easy to make, uses ingredients easily found in your pantry, and is ready in 30 minutes.
Yes, that’s right. JUST 30 MINUTES!
What’s better than a one pot meal that is ready in 30 minutes?
Nothing. Seriously, nothing.
And it’s a lot better than me whinging all post long. I mean, I’m not sure this post even makes sense other than I just needed to ramble. Thank you, reliable followers. It’s like you really get me. I just hope you love stroganoff too.
How to customize this recipe:
- Use other ground meats such as chicken, turkey, or even venison
- Add in more vegetables at the end like steamed broccoli or peas
- Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a boost of healthy fat and protein
- Add in a wild mushroom medley for a more gourmet taste
Love this one pot ground beef mushroom stroganoff?
Why not try a few of my other delicious easy dinner recipes?
- One Pot Ground Chicken Fajita Pasta
- One Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice
- One Pot Cheddar Cajun Pork Pasta
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Potato Dinner
- Spicy Shrimp Egg Roll Skillet
- 20 Minute Beef Snow Pea Skillet
- Skillet Cheesy Gnocchi with Peas and Ham
- Chicken Cannellini Bean Skillet
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 1 (12 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large high-sided pan add butter and set over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the mushrooms and onions and cook for about 5 minutes or just until they start to soften.
- Add in the ground beef and continue cooking until the beef is browned and the mushrooms and onions are soft.
- Add in the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour in the beef stock and bring the mixture to a slight boil.
- Add in the noodles and simmer covered on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes or just until the noodles are soft.
- Shut off the heat and stir in the sour cream and parsley.
- Taste and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 606Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 177mgSodium: 745mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 42g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.