Who said peanut butter and jelly are just for sandwiches? These peanut butter and jelly chicken wings are the perfect summertime appetizer!
Peanut butter and jelly are a popular combination for a reason.
Creamy, fatty peanut butter, mixed with fruity, sweet jelly is a perfect sweet and savory balance.
And who doesn’t love chicken wings at a party?
Wings are such a great, satisfying finger food for all ages.
These peanut butter and jelly chicken wings will wow your guests at your next party, and they’ll never know how easy they were to make.
Ingredients for peanut butter and jelly chicken wings
- Cherry jelly – This jelly is sweet and tart, and will balance the savory flavors of our peanut butter.
- Peanut butter – Peanut butter adds a creamy savoriness to our wings.
- Apple cider vinegar – Sweet and sour, this vinegar helps bring a nice sour bite to our wings.
- Sriracha – A tasty chili paste that will give us a spicy kick.
- Chicken drumettes – These are perfect to use for our wings.
- Chopped peanuts – For a great crunch on top!
Types of jellies and jams
I have used cherry jelly here, but feel free to use your favorite.
Some other great options would be grape jelly, raspberry jam, or even apricot preserves.
Use whatever flavor you and your guests will love!
I recommend staying away from anything that has artificial or alternative sweeteners in them, as they can add an unwanted bitterness to the final product.
Peanut butter varieties
Traditional peanut butter works best here (sorry, almond butter).
Feel free to use “natural” varieties of peanut butter, but stay away from anything with artificial or alternative sweeteners. They will add an unpleasant bitterness to our wings.
What is sriracha?
Sriracha is a chili sauce made from the paste of chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
It can be found easily in your local grocery store.
There are different varieties these days that have ranges in spices from mild to hot. So feel free to pick your favorite level of heat!
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftover wings, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheating is as easy as putting the wings in a microwave-safe dish, and microwaving for 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More chicken wing recipes
- Want more fruity wings? Try my Wild Blueberry BBQ Chicken Wings
- Craving some cool ranch? Try my Cool Ranch Chicken Wings
- Love spicy wings? Try my Pineapple Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- Need something with a southwest kick? Try my Buttermilk Southwestern Chicken Wings
- 13 ounces tart cherry jelly
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 12 chicken drumettes
- Chopped peanuts
In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together jelly, peanut butter, vinegar, juice, and sriracha.
Pour peanut butter mixture into a 1-gallon zip-top bag and add in chicken wings.
Securely close the bag and using your hands make sure all the chicken is coated. I just move around the chicken until it's fully covered.
Place the bag (zip side up) in a small casserole dish and let the chicken marinate overnight. (I place it in a small casserole dish just in case there is a leak in the bag.)
When you're ready to make your chicken wings preheat your grill to medium heat, add your wings, and cook for about 10 minutes until the outside is crisp and the chicken is fully cooked.
Serve with a sprinkling of peanuts if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1413Total Fat: 71gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 1075mgCarbohydrates: 163gFiber: 6gSugar: 101gProtein: 42g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.