This slow cooker beef chorizo taco chili is packed full of flavor and perfect for cold winter nights. Serve topped with avocado, cheese, and corn chips for the perfect filling bowl.
So apparently there is a blizzard heading my way. Some weather reports are all “you’re only going to get 2 inches” and other reports are saying “Hey girl, 30 inches are heading your way.”
Unless those 30 inches come attached to Ryan Gosling I want nothing to do with all that mess.
In the words of Sweet Brown “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
While I’m happy I won’t have to shovel I’m still not fond of the thought of losing power. We have electric heat so no electricity means zero heat.
There is no amount of cuddling that can keep me warm enough through a blizzard.
If this happens you can find me under the covers, flashlight in hand while playing endless sudoku puzzles.
Total old school.
The other big event coming up is the Super Bowl. Otherwise known as “that thing that happens in February where I pretend to care about football but really I’m just in it for the food.”
This year I’m bringing you a simple slow cooker chili that is packed full of spice and is perfect when topped with fresh avocado, jalapeno slices, sour cream, cheese, and Fritos. Don’t worry, this post is not sponsored by Fritos – I just really love them with my chili.
Plus – slow cooker. Man, I love this thing.
So while you watch men run around on the field throwing balls made out of pigskin just sit back and eat a big bowl of this. It’s a simple and total “set it and forget it!” kind of meal.
More chili recipes
- Craving an easy to make chili? Try my Instant Pot Ground Chicken Chili.
- Want your chili and cornbread combined? Try my Buttermilk Cornbread Topped Chili.
- Need a seasonal chili twist? Try my Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili.
- It takes time but it’s worth it! Try my Short Rib Chili.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 cups beef stock
- Optional toppings: sour cream, sliced jalapeno, lime, avocado, shredded cheese and corn chips.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat add ground beef and (casing removed) chorizo sausage.
- Cook until no longer pink while breaking up the meat while it cooks. Add cooked meat to your large 6-quart slow cooker along with diced tomatoes, black beans, green chiles, tomato paste, bell peppers, yellow onion, corn, taco seasoning, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper. Stir together.
- Start off by adding in 3 cups stock and cook on high heat for at least 6 hours. Your chili should not get dry but if it does simply add a bit more stock.
- Serve topped with sour cream, jalapenos, lime, avocado, cheese, or corn chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 631Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1858mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 42g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.