This slow cooker honey sriracha pulled chicken is packed full of flavor and made all in the slow cooker. All you need are a few easy ingredients, a slow cooker, and 4-6 hours. Serve it over rice, on a bun, or straight from the slow cooker!
Looking for the perfect slow cooker recipe?
Well, I have you covered with this slow cooker honey sriracha pulled chicken!
This dish is slightly spicy with just a touch of sweetness. It’s the perfect combination!
I served mine alongside some rice but it’s also great served on a bun or stuffed in a lettuce cup. Both are delicious but the lettuce cup is the perfect lower carb option.
For additional flavor, I topped this pulled chicken with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
This dish is flavorful, easy to make, and sure to be a bigtime family hit!
Ingredients for honey sriracha pulled chicken
- Chicken breast – I used chicken breast which will shred easily after your chicken has slow cooked. I like to make sure to use boneless so I’m not picking out bones.
- Low sodium soy sauce – Don’t use regular soy sauce here as it will result in a dish that is overly salty. If you only have regular soy on hand cut it 1/2 with water.
- Honey – I like to use a lighter honey like wildfire or orange blossom.
- Hoisin sauce – I always keep hoisin on hand as it’s the perfect sweet and savory Asian sauce.
- Sriracha – Add more if you’re a fan of heat.
- Ginger and garlic – Simple flavors that really boost up this dish and give it a nice depth of flavor.
- Rice wine vinegar – Just a touch to help flavor the meat cooking liquid.
Substiutions and changes
If you’re looking to change things up a bit here are a few changes you can easily make:
- Change the protein – If you’re not a fan of chicken you could try pork or beef!
- Go spicier – Love all things spicy? Add more sriracha until you reach the level of spiciness you enjoy.
- Use coconut aminos – Not a fan of soy sauce? Try coconut aminos!
The best chicken to use
I really like to use boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe.
While chicken thighs are known for being extra juicy I think the use of breasts here works because it shreds so easily.
I also make sure to use boneless chicken so I’m not looking for small bones left in the pulled chicken.
You can use previously frozen chicken but make sure it’s been defrosted beforehand.
What to serve alongside slow cooker honey sriracha pulled chicken
Not sure what to serve alongside your Asian-inspired pulled chicken?
- Want a cool crunchy side to go along side the slightly spicy pulled chicken? You have to tryThe Best Cucumber Salad!
- Craving sweet and tangy to go with your sweet and spicy? Try my Tangy Brussels Sprout Apple Slaw.
- Love delicious peppers? These Blistered Shishito Peppers are the perfect side dish!
- Need a great vegetable side? This Simple Roasted Cabbage is great!
More slow cooker recipes
- Want the perfect tomato sauce? Try my Slow Cooker Parmesan Meat Sauce.
- Craving another easy dinner recipe? Try my Homemade Mississippi Pot Roast.
- Love hearty chili? Try my Slow Cooker Beef Chorizo Taco Chili.
- Need an easy chili recipe that includes pumpkin? Try my Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili.
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons natural rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Diced green onions, for topping
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Add chicken to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl whisk together low sodium soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, sriracha, grated ginger, minced garlic, and rice wine vinegar.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and put the top on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or until the chicken starts to pull apart naturally.
- Once it has reached this stage you can start pulling the chicken in the slow cooker until it's fully shredded.
- If the sauce is still pretty watery you can mix together the cornstarch and water (mix until the cornstarch has fully dissolved in the water!) and pour into the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine, put the lid back on the slow cooker and let sit for 10 minutes.
- At this point, the mixture should have thickened up nicely.
- To serve top with diced green onions and sesame seeds if desired. You can serve the chicken over top rice, on a bun, or straight from the slow cooker.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 643Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 257mgSodium: 1042mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 97g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.