This tangy green bean potato salad is the perfect combination of buttery fingerling potatoes, crunchy blanched green beans, peppery arugula, and soft-boiled eggs all tossed in a creamy Dijon and caper vinaigrette.
I literally say this every time I post a salad but summer seriously makes me crave salad.
Granted this salad is a bit on the different side.
It’s not a big bowl of lettuce topped with random ingredients from my fridge – NOPE.
This baby is a mixture of buttery fingerling potatoes, blanched green beans, arugula, and soft-boiled eggs all tossed up in a vinaigrette made with Dijon mustard, capers, anchovy paste, garlic, and red wine vinegar.
It’s tangy, packed with flavor, and probably my new favorite salad.
Although, to be fair I think that about every new salad I make.
I’m big on picking new favorites.
If runny soft-boiled eggs make you a little weak in the knees (in a bad way) you can always serve them hard-boiled.
Me? I want them runny.
Seriously, yolk porn is the best porn. Except I’m guessing real porn pays better than yolk porn.
Then again I’m just guessing. I’m not sure about the going rate for porn nowadays.
Let’s hope those last few sentences didn’t make 200 people unsubscribe to my newsletter.
Also, while I think the anchovy paste makes the dressing to this tangy green bean potato salad I won’t hold it against you if you leave it out.
It can be an ingredient that is hard to find but you can always order it from Amazon or if you look I bet it’s right in your grocery store.
Mine is usually near the tomato sauce or where you find normal anchovy fillets.
More salad recipes
Tangy Green Bean Potato Salad
- 2 pounds yellow fingerling potatoes halved
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons minced capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed
- 8 ounces baby arugula
- 4 large eggs hard or soft boiled
- In a large pot add potatoes, cover with water, sprinkle in a little kosher salt, and throw in thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking whisk together red wine vinegar, grated garlic, anchovy paste, minced capers, and Dijon mustard.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking until you’re left with a smooth mixture.
- Taste and season with the desired amount of kosher salt and black pepper – set aside.
- When the potatoes are fork-tender, drain and add to a large bowl.
- Drizzle half the dressing over the potatoes and stir to combine. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add water back to the pot you used to boil your potatoes and bring it to a boil.
- Add in your beans and cook for just 4 minutes or just until the beans are slightly soft.
- Strain the beans and add to a bowl of iced water. This will help stop the cooking so your beans stay bright green and a little crunchy.
- Remove beans from the cold water and add to the potatoes.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and toss to combine.
- Before serving add the arugula and toss to combine until everything is coated in dressing. If the salad looks dry drizzle in a little more olive oil.
- To serve, divide the salad into 4 equal portions, and serve each portion with a hard or soft-boiled egg. Sprinkle the eggs with a little additional kosher salt and black pepper.