Asparagus Frittata For Two

This asparagus frittata is perfect breakfast…

Asparagus Frittata For Two by Nutmeg Nanny

The other day I was grocery shopping and saw the most gorgeous looking local asparagus. I looked at it and I immediately fell in love.  The funny thing is there was another woman who thought the same thing. As we both grabbed for a bunch she looked at me and said “this is the most delicious and beautiful looking asparagus I have ever seen” which of course I replied with “I know!”  We then proceeded to swap asparagus recipes in the middle of the grocery store.

Asparagus Frittata For Two by Nutmeg Nanny

After I got home I was starving and needed lunch.  I could have just roasted up all the asparagus and gobbled it up but I wanted to try something different this time.  I decided to make a frittata. I do not really make a lot of frittatas. I don’t know why. I know they are easy and quick but I never think about it. This came together in a snap and I made it small enough to feed two. Perfect for any meal of the day.

Enjoy!

Asparagus Frittata For Two by Nutmeg Nanny

Asparagus Frittata for Two

Yield: 1 small frittata

Prep Time: 10 min

Olive oil

6 oz. asparagus – woody ends trimmed off and cut into 2-3 inch pieces

4 eggs – beaten (season with salt and pepper if desired)

1/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese – shredded

2 tablespoons parmesan cheese – grated

Source: Nutmeg Nanny

In an 8 inch oven safe skillet add a few drizzles of olive oil. Add asparagus and gently sauté over medium heat until just starting to soften. About 5 minutes.

Pour beaten eggs over asparagus, sprinkle in cheddar cheese and let cook till set around the edges but still liquid in the center. When this happens sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and put in oven under high broiler setting (I have an electric oven so if you have gas oven I would just set the oven to 450 degrees.) Once set, about 7 minutes, take out of oven and using a silicon spatula gently slide it out of the pan onto a plate and enjoy.

18 Responses to “Asparagus Frittata For Two”

Lyndsey — May 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I love this! Perfect for beautiful asparagus (that is some nice looking asparagus). I also will add it to my egg scrambles if I am in a hurry! Eggs and asparagus are a nice match!

Heather @girlichef — May 9, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Totally one of my favorite things…eggs and asparagus…perfect meal :D

Blond Duck — May 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Ben loves aspargus. Thanks for giving me my Sunday night dinner!

Erica — May 9, 2011 at 7:52 pm

YUMMMM! I just made my first frittata last week and I can’t stop thinking about it! Asparagus is a great add in- especially this time of year.

Joanne — May 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm

We’ve got some absolutely GORGEOUS local asparagus in the stores here as well and they make me swoon every time I see them! Love the simplicity of this frittata…really lets the asparagus shine through!

EmandM — May 10, 2011 at 12:58 am

Wow!! That looks perfect for sunny weather and springtime!!!

marla — May 10, 2011 at 12:48 pm

One of my favorite breakfasts and anytime meals….

5 Star Foodie — May 10, 2011 at 1:06 pm

A wonderful frittata, sounds so delicious and seasonal with asparagus, nice!

Rachel @ Rachel's Recipe Reviews — May 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I love asparagus and I love frittatas! I’m on board! :) I like that you shared recipes in the grocery store with a complete stranger–I love moments like that.

Barbara — May 11, 2011 at 12:34 am

Looks like a fabulous lunch! I need to make more frittatas too.

Lori @ Girl Meets Oven — May 11, 2011 at 2:53 am

Recipe sharing should happen more often while grocery shopping. What a fun story. :)

Maris (In Good Taste) — May 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I could honestly eat this for breakfast lunch and /or dinner! Fabulous!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — May 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I just love asparagus frittatas… This one looks delish :)

A Canadian Foodie — May 23, 2011 at 10:34 am

Absolutely stunning and I can imagine the fresh deliciousness! I love your new look. It is stunning. The background is beautiful – the new links are lovely. Bravo to you! I have been in a super slump lately after the Eat Alberta conference we put on here. I knew I needed time to catch up – but didn’t expect it to take this long. I have hardly posted all year, and my reading and commenting used to be daily with tenacity and I wouldn’t miss anyone’s post – but I am just overwhelmed. I am trying to get back and do better as this morning, visiting you, I have been so comforted and inspired. I need that! Thank you for not forgetting about me during this time. I appreciate it more than you know.
    Happy week!
    valerie

Kara — June 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I recently came across this recipe and have now made it 3 times in the past month. I love it! Thank you!

• nutmegnanny replied: — June 13th, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

I’m so glad you like it! Thank you for stopping by and letting me know :)

1. Pingback: Bacon Cheddar Cheese Apple Frittata Recipe: Healthy Protein Breakfast — Family Fresh Cooking

2. Pingback: A Guide to Spring Vegetables - Asparagus