Pumpkin Spice White Russian

This pumpkin spice white Russian is full of kahlua, cream, pumpkin pie spice and just a drizzle of chocolate syrup. This is the perfect fall cocktail!

Today isn’t just about cocktails. It’s also about the totally fabulous Joanne of Joanne Eats Well with Others. She is getting married in a few weeks and myself and a few other bloggers have gotten together and thrown her a little virtual wedding shower.

So in true Nutmeg Nanny fashion I brought a cocktail. Who doesn’t love a good cocktail?

I have always loved white Russians because it reminds me of my mom. She is not a huge drinker but will almost never turn down one of these tasty libations. I remember as a kid watching her sit with her cocktail and sip away. Of course because I was a horrible child I would sneak sips when she wasn’t looking. Dude, this stuff is delicious. How could I not sneak a few sips? Plus I’m a huge fan of The Big Lebowski so you can’t not love white Russians after watching that movie.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Although I’m guessing The Dude would not be a big fan of the addition of the pumpkin pie spice. Oh well, his loss. It takes this simple drink to a whole new fall flavor level. A level that you need to reach. Trust me.

If you’re not a fan of vodka you can simply leave it out for a less potent (but equally delicious) cocktail.

Pumpkin Spice White Russian

Yield: 1 drink

• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 ounce heavy cream
  • 2 ounces vodka
  • 1 ounce coffee liqueur
  • Whipped cream, optional
  • Chocolate syrup, optional

Shake together pumpkin pie spice and heavy cream to combine.

Fill a rocks glass with ice and pour in vodka, coffee liqueur and heavy cream mixture.

Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup if desired.

Joanne's Shower Graphic

Pumpkin Dip with Apple Chips– Meadows Cooks

Sweet:

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake – The Baker Chick

Peanut Butter Fudge Pie with Salted Peanut Butter Caramel– Taste and Tell

Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake – Chocolate and Carrots

Roasted Butternut Squash Pie with Brown Sugar Marshmallow Topping – Keep It Sweet

Caramel Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Cooking Actress

Caramel Cranberry Apple Galette – Bakeaholic Mama

Coconut Pecan Tarts – Bake or Break

Cranberry Margarita Cupcakes – Baker by Nature

Gingerbread Truffles – Dinners Dishes and Desserts

68 Responses to “Pumpkin Spice White Russian”

Ashley - Baker by Nature — November 10, 2014 at 6:42 am

Dude! These white russians look amazing!!!! Love the pumpkin spice kick.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — November 10, 2014 at 7:30 am

Ah I am SO happy I can drink again! And a cocktail that is dessert-like is a great way to celebrate that:-)

Melissa — November 10, 2014 at 7:38 am

What a great fall drink. I love anything pumpkin!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — November 10, 2014 at 7:40 am

This is such a fun drink idea!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — November 10, 2014 at 7:43 am

You should know that when I read your posts, there’s a lot of ugh-ing. Your pictures are so pretty. Makes me sick. 😉

And what an awesome bridal shower! Thank goodness someone brought something to drink. 🙂

Amy @ A Healthy Life For Me — November 10, 2014 at 7:46 am

Yes please! Wow this looks amazing. If you are ever in the need for a taste tester give me a call.

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — November 10, 2014 at 7:49 am

This looks delicious! Cheers to a wonderful fall cocktail!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — November 10, 2014 at 7:56 am

This is officially stunning! Looks awesome!

Joanne — November 10, 2014 at 7:56 am

You know, I wasn’t going to have a signature cocktail at the wedding, but I think I need to rethink that and put this on the menu!! If I called it The Nutmeg Nanny instead, would that be awkward? Thanks so much love!!! Also, is it 5pm yet?!

DessertForTwo — November 10, 2014 at 8:08 am

Oh heck yes! This sounds amazing! Congrats to Joanne! 🙂

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet — November 10, 2014 at 8:26 am

I don’t do too many cocktails but this is something I would definitely enjoy!

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — November 10, 2014 at 8:42 am

If the Dude doesn’t approve of these, then I’ll take his glass. Amazing!! Is it wrong to want one for breakfast?

Jennie @themessybakerblog — November 10, 2014 at 8:49 am

What a great way to celebrate a bridal shower. Girl, this cocktail is the bees knees.

Claire Gallam — November 10, 2014 at 9:22 am

OMG that heart out of coffee beans. I want to drink this for breakfast.

Martha @ A Family Feast — November 10, 2014 at 9:35 am

I’m wishing I could stick a straw through my computer monitor so I could drink that up right now… WOW – this looks fantastic!

Heather / girlichef — November 10, 2014 at 10:00 am

Oh, I need this for sure. What a perfect toast to Joanne!

The Food Hunter — November 10, 2014 at 10:09 am

Cheers to Joanne!! One of the first bloggers I met IRL!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — November 10, 2014 at 10:16 am

OOO! I wish I could sip on this right now! Looks amazing!

Audra — November 10, 2014 at 10:20 am

Man do these look good. Your pictures are just so fantastic Brandy- love everything about this!!

Stephanie @ Back For Seconds — November 10, 2014 at 10:39 am

Yay for weddings and super yay for awesome cocktails! Looks perfect!

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom — November 10, 2014 at 11:10 am

Brandy, you made a pumpkin pie spice white russian?! and yes to the vodka. always. I am in awe of you. . I love this!!! and you guys are so sweet. . wish I could have been in on the bridal shower fun for Joanne!!! love her so much!

Zainab — November 10, 2014 at 11:39 am

These are just PERFECT!!

Amy @Very Culinary — November 10, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I want to get married again, just so I can serve these at my wedding. Epic! And so Joanne!

Brenda@Sugar-Free Mom — November 10, 2014 at 12:50 pm

This sounds amazing Brandy!!

Courtney — November 10, 2014 at 1:14 pm

OMG. I wish I had one of these right now. I love White Russians, but I never would’ve thought to put a pumpkin spin on one. You have good taste, girl!

Cookin Canuck — November 10, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Gorgeous beyond words! And I really hope that these are served at the next wedding shower I attend. In the meantime, I need to drink several in private. 🙂

Julie — November 10, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Ugh, I SO wish I was allowed to drink right now. All the holiday cocktails are killing me! This is going to be top of my list next holiday season for sure!

Kristen — November 10, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I officially love your mom.
    And this cocktail!

Angie — November 10, 2014 at 2:54 pm

What a great idea! I love White Russians and can’t imagine how delicious this must be!

Danae @ Recipe Runner — November 10, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Congratulations Joanne! These white Russians look dangerously delicious. I’d be in trouble with these in arm’s reach!

Ginny McMeans — November 10, 2014 at 5:24 pm

No way could I miss sneaking a sip or six. This looks so wonderful!

Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files — November 10, 2014 at 7:25 pm

White Russians are my hubbies and I drink of choice during the winter! Although I could drink them year around…grown up chocolate milk more like it. Congrats to Joanne!

Bea — November 10, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Oh, how can one resist a white russian – sounds like a cocktail as dessert for me. One question, did you ever get caught sneaking a little taste? 😉

sandra — November 10, 2014 at 8:42 pm

what a yummy treat of a drink!!

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — November 10, 2014 at 9:03 pm

White Russian was actually the first drink I ever had!! Love this twist on it!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — November 10, 2014 at 9:13 pm

This drink has been haunting me all day. I need one – stat!!

Congrats to Joanne! I’m a little bummed that I didn’t get to participate…I never seem to find out about these things until after the fact!

amanda @ fake ginger — November 10, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Yuuuum, this looks like the greatest cocktail ever. i want one!

Meseidy — November 10, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Congrats to Joanne!! I love her! This drink is a great way to celebrate!

Anita — November 10, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Your shots are amazing – love the heart one! And lovely way to give white Russians a holiday twist!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — November 11, 2014 at 7:14 am

It’s not even half-past 6 a.m. and I already want this cocktail. Is that bad? 😉

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — November 11, 2014 at 7:40 am

You certainly did Joanne justice with this amazing cocktail!!!

Annie — November 11, 2014 at 9:20 am

These look great Brandy! You can never go wrong with Kahlua, am I right?

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — November 11, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I use to love making White Russians when I was a bartender! Love the fall version!

Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits — November 12, 2014 at 11:36 am

I’ve never had a white Russian quite like this one! Love all the fall flavors in this!

kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — November 13, 2014 at 9:29 am

Cocktails are a fantastic way to celebrate a wedding! This one has my name written all over it. I’ll be serving these all holiday season!

grace — November 13, 2014 at 2:19 pm

love the coffee bean heart! and the drink–white russians are one of my favorites, and i like this twist!

Sandy — October 22, 2015 at 9:36 am

I made this last night with whipped cream vodka (as I only have flavoured vodkas in the house) and Godiva chocolate liqueur (as I don’t have coffee liqueur). Everything else was the same and it was DELICIOUS. Such a fitting drink for the season, thank-you for the recipe :).

Brittany | Balanced Frugality — November 15, 2016 at 10:31 pm

These are my fiance’s and my favorite fall cocktail. Thanks to your recipe, my memory of last Thanksgiving is a little . . . fuzzy. They are REALLY good.

1. Pingback: Kale Salad with Maple Butternut Squash - Blahnik Baker

2. Pingback: Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake

3. Pingback: Butternut Squash and Apple Galette - Warm Vanilla Sugar

4. Pingback: Baked Brie with Honey and Sliced Almonds Recipe

5. Pingback: Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake #eatswellbridalshower | chocolate & carrots

6. Pingback: Roasted Butternut Squash Pie with Brown Sugar Marshmallow Topping | Keep It Sweet Desserts

7. Pingback: Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

8. Pingback: Stuffed Zucchini with Lemony Pasta — Very Culinary

9. Pingback: Coconut Pecan Tarts - Bake or Break

10. Pingback: Gingerbread Truffle Recipe | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

11. Pingback: Coconut Pecan Tarts

12. Pingback: Roasted Pumpkin Hazelnut Crostini | Annie's Eats

13. Pingback: Wednesday Coffee Talk | Joanne Eats Well With Others

14. Pingback: 50 Easy and Healthy Friendsgiving Recipes - Healthy Nibbles & Bits

15. Pingback: Warm Up with These Winter Cocktails | The Destination Wedding Blog - Jet Fete by Bridal Bar

16. Pingback: 20 Fabulous Fall Cocktails - Pretty My Party

17. Pingback: For the Love of Fall - Audrey Salutes

18. Pingback: 16 Boozy Festive Fall Cocktails!

19. Pingback: 25 Fall Inspired Drinks and Cocktails - Country Cleaver