Lemon Herb Butter Pan Fried Ribeye

This lemon herb butter pan fried ribeye is the perfect balance of spice to citrus to red meat ratio. Perfectly cooked and it doesn’t even require a grill.

The lemon herb butter pan fried ribeye is the best way to cook up a juicy steak. Totally delicious and super simple!

There is seriously nothing more I love than a big juicy steak. I have always been a red meat lover but the older I get the more I love it. Of course this version is pretty much my dream come true steak. A little crispy on the outside, full of seasoning (kosher salt is a MUST) and just a touch of citrus herb butter. It’s beyond a party in your mouth. It’s like a rave in your mouth.

I feel like really we should start always saying the term “rave in your mouth” because it’s awesome and it’s a great descriptor for something that is more than just great.

This lemon herb butter pan fried ribeye is packed full of flavor and super simple to make.

Now the one thing I should say about this dish is that it might create a little smoke in your kitchen. No, you shouldn’t seeing rolling smoke coming out of you kitchen as if it were on fire BUT you will get a slight fog. So that means if the smoke alarm goes off just ignore it until it goes away. It will most definitely be worth it.

Trust me.

This lemon herb butter pan fried ribeye is so packed full of flavor you will be blown away. Perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked.

Oh and another thing about cooking steak. You gotta go with a nice marbled meat. Yes, that means fat. Listen, I know fat gets a bad rap but seriously it’s what gives your meat flavor. So that means that if you want meat with big flavor you need meat with fat.

That also means that if you think filet is the best cut of beef because it has no fat we cannot be friends.

Just kidding.

Sort of.

Lemon Herb Butter Pan Fried Ribeye

This lemon herb butter pan fried ribeye is the perfect balance of spice to citrus to red meat ratio. Perfectly cooked and it doesn't even require a grill.

Yield: 2 servings

For lemon herb butter:

• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
  • 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
  • Kosher salt and pepper, to taste

For steak:

• 2 (1-1/2 inch thick) ribeye steaks
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

For lemon herb butter:

Mix all ingredients together, and set aside until ready to use.

For steaks:

Evenly coat your steaks with kosher salt and black pepper, set aside.

In a large heavy duty skillet set over medium high heat add butter and vegetable oil. When the butter is melted and the mixture is hot add the 2 steaks to the pan. You should hear a very nice sizzling noise.

Cook for about 4 minutes, flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes until medium rare. The cook time can depend on how rare or well done you like your meat.

Let it rest for at least 5 minutes, top with a pat of herb lemon butter and devour.

23 Responses to “Lemon Herb Butter Pan Fried Ribeye”

Carrie — March 2, 2015 at 8:09 am

That is one gorgeous piece of meat!

Annie @Maebells — March 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Wow!! This is beautiful! I always shy away from preparing ribeye in a pan because I am afraid I will mess it up. I can’t wait to try your recipe!

Senika @ Foodie Blog Stalker — March 2, 2015 at 2:36 pm

This is exactly how my hubs prepares our steaks! SO YUM. And next time I’m totally adding the lemon herb butter. Bring on the rave in my mouth. Let’s go.

Jennie @themessybakerblog — March 3, 2015 at 7:13 am

You’re right. There’s is nothing better than a steak that has been cooked to perfection with a crispy exterior. Love this with all my heart. Pinned.

Lisa @ Low Carb Yum — March 3, 2015 at 7:46 am

The more fat the better when it comes to ribeye! I’ve never topped my steak with an herbed butter, but it sounds delicious. I also pinned for later.

pam (Sidewalk Shoes) — March 3, 2015 at 7:48 am

That is a perfectly cooked steak!

Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop — March 3, 2015 at 7:50 am

Love the herb butter with this. It’s making my mouth water right now!

kristy @ the wicked noodle — March 3, 2015 at 8:33 am

That steak looks so perfectly cooked and the bone is just gorgeous!! I’m doing a juice cleanse at the moment and just the photo may cause me to faint 😉 Looks delicious!!

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — March 3, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Major DROOL!! Seriously, this looks perfect.

Heather | girlichef — March 3, 2015 at 3:56 pm

I want a rave in my mouth – right this minute! This is basically perfection, it’s making my cheeks tingle in anticipation.

Jennifer | Bake or Break — March 3, 2015 at 4:53 pm

This looks amazing! We usually grill our steaks, but this has me wanting to get out my skillet!

amanda @ fake ginger — March 3, 2015 at 6:13 pm

This is the most perfect meal ever. I don’t even need sides. It looks so good.

Melanie | Melanie Makes — March 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I have no idea what words you’ve typed here as I’m captivated by the photos of this delicious hunk of meat. Hello, delicious!

Lauren @ Wicked Spatula — March 3, 2015 at 9:36 pm

LOVE this! That butter sounds extra delicious!

Toni | BoulderLocavore — March 3, 2015 at 10:27 pm

THAT is one sexy looking piece of meat! Really gorgeous!

Catherine — March 4, 2015 at 1:36 am

Dear Brandy, This is a beautiful meal. I know this would not last a NY minute in my house. The herbed butter sounds marvelous. xo, Catherine

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures — March 4, 2015 at 7:52 am

Delicious! There is nothing quite as good as well cooked steak!

Kate @ Framed Cooks — March 5, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Butter and steak, steak and butter. I think this might be my favorite combo in the entire world – and I am ENTRANCED by the lemon you have going on here!

Peabody (Culinary Concoctions by Peabody) — March 7, 2015 at 2:02 am

Nice meat. 😉

Kari — March 7, 2015 at 10:09 pm

I love making steak in the cast iron skillet. The lemon butter is a great addition!
    Kari

1. Pingback: Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: #DroolWorthy – The Kitchen Paper

3. Pingback: Top 5 Meat Lover's Meals for Father's Day (or Any Day!) - Basilmomma