These baked sweet potatoes are delicious, savory, sweet, and packed full of vitamins! Great served with butter or a drizzle of maple syrup!
I’m always looking for ways to add more nutrients to my diet.
Baked sweet potatoes are not only sweet, fluffy, and savory, but they’re also full of vitamin A, fiber, and antioxidants!
I’ve rubbed them down with healthy olive oil, salt, and pepper, to make them the perfect side dish for any meal!
With their natural sweetness and creamy texture, these potatoes are a healthy alternative to traditional baked potatoes.
Trust me, once you try this simple and tasty side dish, you’ll never go back to plain old baked potatoes again. These are the BEST baked sweet potatoes ever!
Ingredients for baked sweet potatoes
- Sweet potatoes – These delicious potatoes are full of flavor.
- Salt and black pepper – Salt and pepper are necessary to enhance the potato’s flavor.
- Olive oil – This healthy fat will help the potato bake up golden and delicious.
There are a bunch of delicious toppings and fillings that I love to put on my baked sweet potato.
Here are a few ideas:
- Crumbled bacon
- Cheese (cheddar or blue cheese would be delicious)
- Green onions
- Pepitas or Cashews
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Garlic Herb Compound Butter
Or they can be the star of the show and you can stuff them with your favorite foods! I love stuffing mine with my instant pot ground chicken chili.
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover baked sweet potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply place in a microwave-safe plate covered loosely with a damp paper towel and heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More sweet potato recipes
- Looking for something creamy? Try my Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Need something crispy? Try my Sweet Potato Fries
- Want something sweet? Try my Roasted White Sweet Potatoes with Honey Cinnamon Glaze
- Craving something vegetarian? Try my Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito Bowls
The Best Baked Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes so no turn remains and dry the potatoes with paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Lay the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet pan and piece the potatoes 4-5 times with a fork over the body of the potato.
- Massage the skins with an equal amount of oil, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, carefully flip the potato and continue baking for another 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, cut open, and serve with your desired topping and spices.
- Try to buy potatoes that are similar in size so they bake up at the same time.
- I’m topping these sweet potatoes with butter you could optionally top them with brown sugar and nuts, marshmallows, sour cream, and bacon, or smothered in chili!