Homemade Herb Biscuits

These super simple homemade herb biscuits are delicious when served warm with lots of butter and a drizzle (or two!) of sweet Truvia Nectar. If you have never made biscuits before you’ll in awe at how easy they are to make!

These super simple homemade herb biscuits are delicious when served warm with lots of butter and a drizzle (or two!) of sweet Truvia Nectar. If you have never made biscuits before you'll in awe at how easy they are to make! Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Truvia. As always all opinions are 100% my own.

Biscuits = weakness. When I make them fresh I know I have to share but if I had my way I would eat them all without sharing a single one. Ok, I know that makes me sound ruthless but they are biscuits people. It’s a hot commodity. I’m sure you understand. Now, my grandma used to make slammin’ biscuits and I would cover those puppies in either sausage gravy (SOOOOO GOOD!) or slather them in butter. Of course, I’m a lover of butter on all. the. things. but especially on hot and fresh from the oven biscuits.

Now, instead of just making your average carby treat I opted to throw in LOTS of fresh herbs. I almost always have tons of fresh thyme and rosemary on hand and hate when I use half and throw the rest away. I know I shouldn’t waste food but I’m not a huge fan of eating rosemary once it has turned black – right?

When my little brother was little he would take his biscuits and basically drown them in honey. I swear the honey to biscuit ratio was almost 50%. Soon enough I picked up on his honey drizzling ways and ended up LOVING it on hot biscuits. However, as you all know I have a few sugar issues (darn you PCOS) so I can’t really smother everything I was in honey. That is why I’m now obsessed with Truvia Nectar. This stuff tastes just like honey but with half the calories!

{Looking for more easy and delicious bread recipes? Try my goat butter biscuits, cranberry rosemary focaccia, no yeast sourdough bread or my pumpkin yeast bread.}

Homemade Herb Biscuits

Yield: 8 biscuits

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
  • 3/4 cup cold milk
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
  • 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
  • Whipped butter, for topping
  • Truvia Nectar, for topping

Preheat oven to 450 degrees set a sheet pan aside.

In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, and kosher salt. Stir to combine.

Add cold butter into the flour and toss to coat each butter piece. Using a pastry blender blend the butter into the flour until the flour has pea sized pieces of butter throughout.

Add in the milk and stir to combine, the mixture will be very sticky.

Flour your counter and add the dough to the dough to the counter. Add a little flour on top of the dough and flour your hands. Knead the dough about 10 times to bring it together. If it's too sticky simply add a bit more flour to the top until you can work the dough into a rectangle that is about 1-1/2 inch thick. For my biscuits, I just use a sharp knife and cut into 8 pieces BUT you can use a biscuit cutter if you want.

Add biscuits to your baking sheet, brush the tops with heavy cream and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden.

Serve warm with butter and Truvia Nectar.

17 Responses to “Homemade Herb Biscuits”

Amy @ Little Dairy on the Prairie — October 11, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Rosemary and thyme are some of my favorite herbs. I seriously just rearranged my schedule so I can make these for dinner tonight!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — October 11, 2016 at 1:46 pm

All my fresh herbs end up that way, too. :/

It’s good you found a use for them in these biscuits! They look truly so delicious.

Lauren Kelly Nutrition — October 11, 2016 at 2:01 pm

I am loving all of these herbs in these biscuits! And biscuits are totally my weakness too!

Karyn Granrud — October 11, 2016 at 2:08 pm

WOW! These savory biscuits sound amazing!!

The Food Hunter — October 11, 2016 at 6:21 pm

I love all the fresh herbs in these biscuits.

Kirsten/ComfortablyDomestic — October 11, 2016 at 10:15 pm

My little brother slathers his biscuits in honey is about the same ratio as your brother does. I like just a taste, but I hate the sugar crash I get after honey. I’ll have to keep an eye out for the Truvia Nectar.

Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet — October 11, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Those look perfect, and I’ll bet they smell just heavenly!

Kim Beaulieu — October 12, 2016 at 12:59 am

These look amazing. I could eat them all day, every day. My daughter does the same thing with butter. She licks it off buns and corn on the cob then adds more. I just shake my head in horror, and yet part of me is so proud of that little weirdo.

cathy | Lemon Tree Dwelling — October 12, 2016 at 12:39 pm

These biscuits look insanely delicious, and I’m sure the drizzle of Truvia Nectar on top puts them over the top!

Joanie @ ZagLeft — October 12, 2016 at 5:52 pm

These are seriously beautiful biscuits. Such a great alternative to serve with dinner instead of rolls.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — October 12, 2016 at 7:22 pm

The perfect biscuit is not at all easy to come by and these look perfect! Now you got me wanting these smothered in sausage gravy 😉

Lauren - Healthy Delish — October 12, 2016 at 10:36 pm

These look so good! The last time I made biscuits they totally fell flat. I need to try your recipe!

Cookin Canuck — October 13, 2016 at 12:23 am

I’m with you brother on this one – bring on the honey! These would be fantastic dunked into a bowl of soup.

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — October 13, 2016 at 11:04 am

I’m all about biscuits! You know us southern’s love our biscuits! Biscuits and butter….biscuits and honey….I’ll take them both ways!

Sabrina B — October 13, 2016 at 5:23 pm

biscuits – yes! with honey – always! which is why I haven’t made or eaten any in a long time, but love biscuits, especially with honey, so thank you for the Truvia suggestion, have not tried it in any recipes

Joanne Bruno — October 20, 2016 at 8:46 am

Biscuits are my ultimate weakness in life also. I could down a batch of these NO PROBLEM. Especially with all that herby goodness mixed in!

Miranda — October 22, 2016 at 5:38 pm

I have a weakness for biscuits too, they are the best! Especially with some butter and honey on top!