Need a quick and easy breakfast, brunch, or even dinner? Why not give this air fryer frittata a try! This version is made with a simple addition of spices and cheese but it can easily be jazzed up with ham, bacon, or sausage.
Craving an easy-to-make breakfast, brunch, or even dinner?
Well, I have you covered with this air fryer frittata!
Yes, that’s right – frittata made right in your air fryer!
I kept it simple by just giving you the base of the recipe made with just spices and cheese but it can easily be jazzed up with the addition of vegetables, meats, and even herbs.
If you’re new to the world of air fryers I have you covered by giving you all the advice you’ll need to successfully cook and make delicious recipes right in this post.
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a tabletop convection oven.
It mimics the outcome of a deep fat fryer but without the use of oil. Hot hair is moved around via a fan that quickly and crisply cooks up the food.
The 2 most common air fryers you’ll see are basket style (that is what I have) or convection/toaster oven style.
There are pluses to both but I personally prefer my basket style.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
My biggest tip when it comes to air fryers is to make sure you pick a style that will work the most for your family and the amount of food you will be cooking.
My large basket-style air fryer can cook up to 12 wings, 2-4 servings of french fries, etc. which work well for my household.
What is a frittata?
A frittata is an egg-based dish that that is very similar to a quiche (minus the crust) or an omelet.
It’s typically made with the addition of vegetables, breakfast protein, or even delicious freshly chopped herbs.
Typically you would make a frittata on the stovetop and finish in the oven, but for this recipe, we are doing it all in the air fryer!
Ingredients for air fryer frittata
- Eggs – This is the base of our recipe! Make sure you use good fresh eggs for optimal flavor. I really like to use farm fresh eggs for dishes like this.
- Whole milk – This helps make the frittata light and fluffy. To bring in a touch of richness you can use half and half or even heavy cream in place of whole milk.
- Spices – I used kosher salt, garlic powder, and black powder but you can add whatever spices you personally enjoy – paprika, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, etc.
- Sharp cheddar cheese – I LOVE sharp cheese with eggs so that’s what I used. However, you can really add whatever cheese you love. Goat, Swiss, and feta cheese are all great options.
How do I store leftover frittata?
You’ll want to store any leftover frittata in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
To reheat you can quickly add it to the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Just remember, reheated eggs can get a bit rubbery in texture so I find it best to try and not make too many eggs because I’m not a huge fan of leftover eggs.
Love this air fryer frittata?
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Why not try a few of mine?
- Craving veggies? Try my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
- Love chicken wings? Try my Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings.
- Need a tasty snack? Try my Air Fryer Pasta Chips.
- Is it too cold to grill? Try my Air Fryer Hot Dogs.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray 2 (6 ounce) ramekins with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, garlic, powder, and black pepper.
- Dive the mixture between the prepared ramekins.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Place the ramekins in the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees F. for 14-16, or until the quiche is no longer wet in the center.
- Enjoy the quiche immediately or place it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
- Discard after 2 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 564mgSodium: 869mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.