These bacon apple pancakes are made with Greek yogurt and stuffed full of smoky bacon and sweet apples. Drizzle with maple syrup and say hello to breakfast.
Last summer my husband and I traveled to Aruba for a family wedding. We spent most of your time in the water (we obviously got out of the water for the wedding) but we took one day to go explore the island. Somehow we ended up at a small Dutch pancake restaurant that I swear was calling my name. Normally I’m not a pancake fan but these pancakes were calling my name. They were super thin with crispy edges and could be filled with sweet or savory options.
Yeah, this was my kind of joint.
I ordered the bacon and apple pancake and fell in love. I went back two days later and ordered the same thing. I couldn’t get over the sweet apple mixed with the thickly sliced smoky bacon. It was a match made in heaven.
That is why when my sweet friend Nelly asked me if I wanted to join in on a pancake Stonyfield Cook-a-thon I couldn’t say no! I have been itchin’ to make my own bacon apple pancakes so that is exactly what I did! These babies are not as thin as the ones I had in Aruba but they are PACKED with apples and bacon and just a touch of apple pie spice. They are a perfect mix of sweet, salty and warm fall flavors.
You’re going to love these babies!
For bacon apple mix:
- 4 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 1 fuji apples, peeled, cored and thinly diced
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Bacon/apple mixture
- Unsalted butter
- Maple syrup
For bacon apple mix:
- In a small skillet add chopped bacon and cook over medium heat. Cook until almost crispy, drain out some of the fat, and add in apples.
- Cook until apples are soft (but not falling apart) and bacon is slightly crispy. Set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, kosher salt, and apple pie spice.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together yogurt, whole milk, eggs, and vanilla bean paste.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in bacon/apple mixture.
- In a large skillet or griddle melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and add 1/4 scoopful of batter per pancake.
- Add more butter to the pan between batches of pancakes if necessary.
- Serve with maple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1288mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 22g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.