This bbq pineapple burger is the best thing to hit the burger scene. A perfectly seasoned beef patty mixed with cilantro, pineapple bbq sauce and topped with fresh grilled pineapple and smashed avocado!
Are you looking for a delicious burger that is PERFECT for summertime?
Look no further than this BBQ pineapple burger.
It’s a delicious burger mixed with cilantro and pineapple BBQ sauce, grilled, and then topped with spicy pepper jack cheese, grilled pineapple, mashed avocado, and a drizzle of pineapple bbq sauce.
I love to serve mine on Hawaiian bread rolls because I love the little hint of sweetness.
Plus, they toast up beautifully!
Do I have to use ground beef for this burger?
Nope! It actually works great with ground turkey and ground chicken.
Plus, with the addition of cilantro and pineapple bbq into the meat it adds a big burst of flavor that blends with most ground meats.
I would stay away from very strong ground meats like ground lamb.
What is pineapple bbq sauce?
It’s a simple semi-homemade sauce that is a mixture of your favorite bbq sauce, pineapple juice, and crushed red pepper.
My personal favorite store bought bbq sauce is Sweet Baby Ray’s.
Do I have to cook my burger on a grill?
If you don’t have a grill you can easily cook this burger on the stovetop.
You’ll want to cook the patties over medium-high heat until the patty is almost fully cooked and then top with cheese. You can heat the pineapple up in the same skillet or grill on a stovetop grill pan.
Add to the bun, top with desired toppings, and enjoy!
Loving this bbq pineapple burger?
Why not try a few of my other burgers?
- Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Burgers
- Baked Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Chipotle Chicken Burgers Topped with Mango Salsa
- Cheesy Grilled Peach Jalapeno Turkey Burger
- Cranberry Pesto Chicken Burgers
- Apple Butter Onion Chicken Burgers
- 1-1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® brand ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons pineapple bbq sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 thick sliced pineapple rings
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 buns
- 2 avocados, mashed
For pineapple bbq sauce:
- 1/2 cup store bought bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (more can be added if desired)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef to a bowl with chopped cilantro, 4 tablespoons pineapple bbq sauce, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Mix together and form into 4 burger patties, set aside.
- Add pineapple rings to a grill and char slightly on each side. Once cooked set aside.
- Add burgers to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is met.
- Top with cheese right before taking off the grill and let melt.
- Add burger patties to your buns, top with smashed avocado, pineapple ring and drizzle with additional bbq sauce. You can also add on more cilantro if you're a fan.
For pineapple bbq sauce:
- Mix together and set aside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1302Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1088mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 11gSugar: 38gProtein: 82g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.