These best easy roasted carrots are ready in just 20 minutes! They make the perfect side dish and the leftovers can be added to soups, stews or casseroles.
I hope you like carrots because today I’m coming at you hardcore with, you guessed it, carrots.
For some weird reason, I have 3 giant bags of carrots sitting in my fridge. I know I’m unorganized but not usually so unorganized I weigh myself down with root vegetables. Either way, I had to figure out a way to get my carrots used up because I wasn’t about to try and eat them all raw.
That’s a lot of crunchy chewing.
Luckily I know myself well enough to know that if I roast any type of vegetable I’m 100% happy.
So, obviously that is why I’m bringing you these crazy delicious BEST easy roasted carrots. I know I don’t usually go around calling my recipes “the best” but seriously these carrots are the best.
Best Easy Carrot Ingredients
There are a million different seasonings you can go with when roasting carrots but for these babies, I wanted to go warm and wintery. So I grabbed my allspice and ginger and got to concocting.
Ok, not really concocting. It was more like sprinkling.
And I drizzled in some olive oil and of course, I didn’t forget about the best spice of them all – kosher salt. Yeah, that’s right. Kosher salt.
If you’re not properly salting your food then you’re in for some sad meals. Trust me – salt is not the enemy. It’s delicious and deserves to be used. Don’t skip it, friends.
How to make roasted carrots
Now, I’ve been blogging for long enough to know that people love options when it comes to making recipes. So, I’m going to give you a few after I tell you how I made the carrots in the photos.
- Cut the carrots in half.
- Drizzled with olive oil.
- Sprinkled on the spice.
- Tossed to evenly coat.
That’s it! However, if you’re looking for other tasty options here are a few:
- Keep it super savory by seasoning with an Italian spice blend
- Give it some heat by sprinkling on cayenne pepper
- Go even more basic by just using kosher salt and black pepper
- Bring Tex Mex to the table by using cumin and chili powder
There are TONS of options but honestly, I love the simple combination of allspice, ginger, and cinnamon. It blends with almost any meal and the leftover carrots can be used in soup, stews and even casseroles. I love it when I can take my leftovers and use them in a new meal.
Shortcuts are my favorite.
Love these best easy roasted carrots?
Try some of my other delicious vegetable side dishes!
- Roasted Carrots with Dill
- Roasted White Sweet Potatoes with Honey Cinnamon Glaze
- Roasted Asparagus
- On The Stalk Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Orange Cauliflower
- 2 pounds carrots, washed and cut down the middle
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a sided sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay carrots onto the prepared sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with ground ginger, kosher salt, allspice, cinnamon, and black pepper.
- Toss the carrots on the sheet pan so they evenly coated.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until they have reached your desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
20 minutes of cooking time results in a soft carrot with a little bit of a bite. If you like more well-done carrots cook for longer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.