These cranberry brie pinwheels are the perfect treat made easy with store-bought puff pastry, creamy brie cheese, rosemary, and tart cranberry sauce.
Are you looking for a beautiful, delicious, and easy treat for your next holiday party?
These cranberry brie pinwheels are the perfect fit!
By taking some extra help from the store with premade puff pastry and jellied cranberry sauce, these cranberry brie pinwheels come together in a snap. Or use up some of my homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce with Ginger.
All you need is 5 ingredients, that’s it!
The flavors of creamy brie, with tart and tangy cranberry, and fresh herbaceous rosemary are a classic holiday combination that will please even the pickiest palates.
Whether you are hosting a formal dinner or a casual party, these cranberry brie pinwheels are sure to be a hit with your guests!
Ingredients for cranberry brie pinwheels
- Puff pastry – Taking help from the store by buying premade puff pastry makes this recipe come together super fast!
- Jellied cranberry sauce – This jellied cranberry sauce is easily found in the canned aisle of your grocery store year-round.
- Brie – Brie melts beautifully and has a delicious, mild cheese flavor.
- Rosemary – Be sure to use fresh rosemary in this recipe! Dried rosemary would be too bitter, and the herb itself too hard and prickly.
- Egg – The egg is used as an egg wash, brushed along the tops of the pinwheels to give it a beautiful shine when it bakes.
What is brie cheese?
Brie is a soft cow’s-milk cheese that has a rind of white mold. (Yes, it’s absolutely safe to eat the rind!)
It has a mild, buttery flavor, and smooth and creamy texture.
It is well enjoyed by most, and it melts wonderfully and is great for spreading onto toast or dipping in veggies.
This recipe is flexible and can be used as a jumping-off point for you to add or take away things you may like in your cranberry brie pinwheels.
Some fun additions:
- Nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Different herbs and spices (try it with thyme instead of rosemary, or omit the herbs and add some ginger)
- Add dried cranberries with the jellied cranberries for a fun and delicious texture contrast
Storage and leftovers
Lastly, any leftover cranberry brie pinwheels can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More holiday treats
- Love all things pumpkin? Try my Easy Pumpkin Hummus.
- Need a classic starter? Try my Caprese Bruschetta.
- Want a fun holiday adult drink? Try my Cranberry Mojito.
- Craving a yummy dip? Try my French Onion Dip.
- 1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry, thawed but still very cold
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 8 ounces brie, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface and unfold the sheets of puff pastry.
- Spread each sheet of puff pastry with ¼ cup cranberry sauce and then lay 4 ounces of sliced brie on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of minced rosemary over each sheet.
- Gently roll the first sheet of puff pastry, making sure to roll it as tightly as you can, and then pinch the seam to seal it shut– we don’t want our pinwheels to unroll! If the dough starts to break or tear instead of rolling, allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes. This can happen if the dough is too cold.
- When the dough has been rolled into a log, use a very sharp serrated knife to cut 3/4-inch slices. Resulting in 10 slices per log).
- Place the pinwheels cut side up on the baking sheet, making sure to place them at least 2 inches apart.
- Beat the egg with a splash of water to create an egg wash and then brush the top and sides of each pinwheel.
- Bake the pinwheels for 13-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Enjoy warm, sprinkled with flakey sea salt or minced rosemary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.