This super simple semi-homemade easy pumpkin hummus is the perfect addition to your party or snack routine. It all starts with plain hummus that is dressed up with pumpkin, maple syrup, and smoked paprika.
Are you looking for something new and delicious to do with all of those cans of pumpkin puree?
Well, look no further!
This easy pumpkin hummus is creamy, spicy, and perfect for serving up as an appetizer at all of your holiday parties.
It’s so simple yet so good, your guests will love its bright, orange color and cozy fall flavors.
Trust me, this easy pumpkin hummus is going to be a new holiday favorite!
Ingredients for easy pumpkin hummus
- Store-bought plain hummus – This is the base for our easy pumpkin hummus. Let the store do the work for you! Use your favorite brand of plain hummus here.
- Pumpkin puree – Make sure to get pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. It is easily found in most major grocery stores.
- Maple syrup – To enhance all fall flavors in this hummus, we’re using maple syrup as our sweetener. It will also add a touch of smokiness.
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice adds brightness to the hummus.
- Smoked paprika – Adds a bit of smokiness, but no heat, to the hummus.
- Toppings – Pumpkin seeds, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds add texture and make a beautiful display when sprinkled on top.
What to serve with easy pumpkin hummus?
Anything you would normally enjoy dipping into hummus would taste amazing in this easy pumpkin hummus!
Veggie sticks like carrots, celery, or fennel would work well here.
Warmed, torn pieces of pita bread, or crispy pita chips–both of which can be easily found in most major grocery stores–are a great idea as well.
And let’s not forget about everyone’s favorite round, buttery crackers in the red box. They’re delicious dipped in easy pumpkin hummus!
Spice it up!
Want to turn up the heat on this easy pumpkin hummus? No problem!
Add about ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the mix, and you’ll give yourself and your guests a nice spicy kick!
Storage and leftovers
This easy pumpkin hummus can easily be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More hummus recipes
- Looking for an easy appetizer? Try my Cajun Shrimp Hummus Crostini
- Want something seasonal? Try my Thanksgiving Stuffing Topped Hummus
- Love all things breakfast? Try my Shakshuka Hummus Toast
- Need something sesame-allergy friendly? Try my Tahini-Free Lemon Hummus
- 1 (10 ounce) container plain hummus
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add plain hummus, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, lemon juice, and smoked paprika.
- Stir to fully combine.
- Taste and season with kosher salt if needed.
- To serve put hummus on a platter or in a bowl.
- Drizzle the top with olive oil, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper flakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.