These creamy chicken taquitos are packed full of cream cheese, rotisserie chicken, salsa, and lots of shredded pepper jack cheese.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Sabra but all opinions are 100% my own. There are also affiliated links in this post.
Did everyone have a lovely holiday?
The best part is that every single one of those gifts made me happier than a kid in a candy store.
My electric blanket is perfect for lounging on the couch (we keep our house cold in the winter so it’s cheaper than turning up the heat) and the Kindle is great because I can read in the dark and it’s lighter than actually holding a book.
The coloring books I totally asked for. Art therapy is one of the best forms of relaxation and I have never stopped loving to color.
Now, am I going to start hanging out in Starbucks coloring? Probably not. But, will I hang out in the privacy of my own coloring? Oh heck yes.
Sadly now that I’m back from my holiday vacation (we went to Ohio for a short visit) it’s back to cooking, doing dishes, and writing posts.
I’m squeezing in one last post for my friends over at Sabra and I’m highlighting their fresh and delicious salsa.
They have several different flavors but for these creamy chicken taquitos, I went with their Southwestern blend.
It seemed pretty fitting.
The filling is pretty simple to put together and I used shredded rotisserie chicken to make the process even quicker.
If you want to use these for an appetizer simply make them in small flour tortillas so they are the perfect small size.
However, if you’re looking to make these for supper simply use a large tortilla and bake away.
Plus, who doesn’t want to eat a giant taquito for breakfast?
More Tex Mex recipes
- Made right in the
air fryer! Try my Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos.
- Craving an easy weeknight meal? Try my Tex Mex Chicken and Vegetable Skillet.
- A Chili’s restaurant copycat! Try my Baked Southwestern Chicken Egg Rolls.
- Easy and fast! Try my Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas.
Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup Sabra Southwest salsa
- 3 green onions diced (green and white parts)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- Small flour tortillas 6-inch
- Spray olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- In a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat add cream cheese, diced green chiles, salsa, green onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and chipotle chile powder.
- Stir frequently until the cream cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove mixture from the heat and stir in chicken, pepper jack cheese, and cilantro.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture slightly off-center, keeping the mixture about 1 inch away from the edge of the flour tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down onto the prepared baking dish.
- Gently mist the taquitos with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes until lightly golden brown and the edges are crisp.