This creamy Tuscan chicken uses lean chicken cutlets, and Italian seasonings, with sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and spinach in a creamy parmesan sauce.
Need a flavorful chicken recipe to shake up your weekday dinner?
This creamy Tuscan chicken is sure to please the whole family!
The chicken cutlets are seasoned to perfection and then cooked in a creamy sauce that is infused with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and spinach.
The addition of evaporated milk and sour cream gives the sauce a velvety smoothness, and the Parmesan cheese adds a savory and slightly nutty flavor.
It’s not only easy to make, but it’s so versatile, it can be served with pasta, rice, or a salad on the side.
Trust me, you’ll never think chicken cutlets are boring again after trying this creamy Tuscan chicken!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for creamy Tuscan chicken
- Chicken cutlet – Chicken cutlets are the perfect size for this creamy Tuscan chicken!
- Paprika, onion powder, and Italian seasoning – These spices and herbs will give our chicken tons of flavor.
- Kosher salt and black pepper – Salt and pepper are important to help properly season our dish.
- Parmesan cheese – Parmesan cheese is savory, salty, and nutty.
- Fresh garlic – Fresh is best! Fresh garlic will give us a delicious garlicky flavor.
- Sun-dried tomatoes – Sun-dried tomatoes are slightly sweet, tangy, and chewy.
- Dijon mustard – Dijon mustard is sharp and tangy.
- Heavy cream – These will add creaminess and richness to the sauce for our creamy Tuscan chicken.
- Artichoke hearts and spinach – The combination of artichokes and spinach is perfect in this sauce.
- Parmesan cheese – Parmesan cheese adds nuttiness and savory flavors to the sauce.
This creamy Tuscan chicken has so many possibilities for how to serve it! Here are some of my favorites:
- Rice (feel free to choose your favorite)
- Pasta (again, this creamy Tuscan chicken pairs lovely with any kind of strand or shaped pasta)
- With a side of salad, or coleslaw
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Asparagus
If you’re not able to find chicken cutlets, no worries! Here are some other great alternative proteins you can use in this dish:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Chicken legs
- Tofu, seitan, or tempeh
If you’re looking to lighten this dish, you can replace the whole milk with chicken broth, and the sour cream with plain yogurt. Your sauce may not be as thick, but it will still be flavorful and tangy!
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover creamy Tuscan chicken can be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply place in a microwave-safe dish, covered loosely with a damp paper towel, and heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More chicken recipes
- Need to go back to basics? Try my Classic Roast Chicken
- Love pasta? Try my Chicken Broccoli Ziti
- Craving something sweet and savory? Try my Pineapple Chicken Kebabs
- Like the convenience of an
air fryer? Try my Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Clean the chicken breasts and cut them in half horizontally to make cutlets.
- Mix your seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over both sides of your chicken cutlets.
- Add olive oil to a large high-sided 12-inch skillet and set over medium heat.
- Brown each cutlet for about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it sit on a plate while you prepare the sauce. It's ok if your chicken is not fully cooked it will go back into the skillet at the end of cooking.
- In the same skillet you browned the chicken add your butter.
- Once the butter is melted add your sundried tomatoes and garlic and saute for 30 seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in your spinach and artichoke and saute for a few minutes just to help soften the spinach.
- Pour in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Nestle your chicken back into the skillet and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked. Do not let your sauce boil you just want a gentle simmer.
- Before serving, taste and add salt if needed and sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Serve over rice or pasta or alongside roasted vegetables.