Looking for an easy-to-make holiday side dish? Look no further than these air fryer Brussels sprouts! They cook up perfectly every single time and will pair perfectly with any main course.
Need an easy-to-cook side dish?
Well, let me introduce you to your new favorite vegetables – air fryer Brussels sprouts!
These veggies come out soft in the middle with an outside crispness that is absolute perfection.
I seasoned them lightly with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder, and just a touch of olive oil.
The flavors are simple but work great as an all-around side dish.
Many of you who have followed me for years know that one of my favorite ways of serving Brussels is my on the stalk roasted Brussels sprouts. Which turns out great but does involve using the oven.
That’s why if you need the perfect hands-off holiday side dish this one is calling your name! The biggest plus side is that it doesn’t use up precious oven space!
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a tabletop convection oven.
It mimics the outcome of a deep fat fryer but without the use of oil. Hot hair is moved around via a fan that quickly and crisply cooks up the food.
The 2 most common air fryers you’ll see are basket style (that is what I have) or convection/toaster oven style.
There are pluses to both but I personally prefer my basket style.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
My biggest tip when it comes to air fryers is to make sure you pick a style that will work the most for your family and the amount of food you will be cooking.
My large basket-style air fryer can cook up to 12 wings, 2-4 servings of french fries, etc. which work well for my household.
What are Brussels sprouts?
Brussels sprouts look like tiny little cabbages and are cruciferous vegetables.
Other tasty cruciferous vegetables are cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and kale. You very likely eat a few of these vegetables on a daily basis!
We all know vegetables are good for us but specifically, Brussels sprouts are packed full of vitamin K, vitamin C, and are rich in fiber and antioxidants.
Plus they are super delicious!
Ingredients to make air fryer Brussels sprouts
- Brussels sprouts – Trim the ends of your Brussels sprouts and then cut in half. Try to by roughly the same sized vegetables so they cook up evenly.
- Olive oil – I like olive oil here but you can use whatever your favorite oil happens to be. I have used avocado oil before it turns out just as good.
- Kosher salt – Salt makes the world go round and makes food taste good. Don’t skimp!
- Black pepper – Optional but I do love the taste of black pepper with Brussels.
- Garlic powder – Again, optional but it brings a burst of garlic flavor. I like using the garlic powder better than raw garlic becuase it won’t burn or get bitter like fresh garlic.
How to cook Brussels sprouts in the air fryer:
The biggest tip on cooking Brussels sprouts in the air fryer is to be patient and don’t overcrowd the pan!
You’ll simply toss your halved veggies in the olive oil and spices, add to the preheated air fryer, cook, toss halfway through, and then you’ll be rewarded with delicious crispy Brussels sprouts.
Love these air fryer Brussels sprouts?
Why not try a few of my other tasty Brussels sprouts recipes?
- Looking for a fun centerpiece of a holiday side dish? Try my On The Stalk Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- Want a crunchy salad side dish? Try my Tangy Brussels Sprout Apple Slaw.
- Need a pretty holiday dish? Try my Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Seeds and Goat Cheese.
- Craving a shaved salad? Try this Shaved Brussels Sprout Apple Bacon Salad.
- Love all things savory? Try this Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts Beet and Bacon Salad.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. for at least 5 minutes.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Make sure they are evenly coated.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the air fryer and set them to 400 degrees F.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, string halfway through cooking.
The total cooking time will depend on the size of your Brussels sprouts. I check on them around minute 7, stir, and then figure out how much longer I want to cook the Brussels sprouts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.