This ground chicken egg roll bowl is the perfect quick and easy meal! Packed full of vegetables, freshly chopped herbs, and flavors such as garlic, ginger, and soy. You’ll love this simple recipe!
I think by now you all know by now I’m a HUGE ground chicken lover.
At this point, we are not even a month into the new year and I have already given you 2 recipes featuring this wonderous ground protein.
It’s so dang good. And it’s honestly pretty cheap compared to a lot of other popular ground meats.
This bowl recipe is packed full of ground chicken, freshly grated ginger and garlic, soy sauce, vegetables, and just a touch of freshly chopped green onions and cilantro.
I also love to top my ground chicken egg roll bowl with crispy wonton strips because I LOVE the little crunch it brings to the dish.
Trust me, if you’re looking for a simple weeknight meal with a burst of flavor this is the one for you!
Ingredients for ground chicken egg roll bowl:
- Ground chicken – My favorite lean protein choice. You can also substitute in ground turkey or ground pork if you can’t find ground chicken.
- Sweet onion – I really love the addition of sweet onion because it brings in the onion flavor but with more sweetness and less abrasive onion flavor. If you don’t have sweet onion on hand try using red onion or yellow onion.
- Grated ginger and garlic – These 2 flavors are my FAVORITE combination and add a big bunch of flavor.
- Chili garlic sauce – You can find chili garlic sauce at most stores in the “international” aisle. It’s spicy ground chilies but with a hit of garlic. It’s so good!
- Low sodium soy sauce – I personally find soy sauce a little salty for my taste so I tend to use low sodium soy sauce. You can really use whatever you typcially like and enjoy. If you don’t have low sodium (but want the flavor of low sodium) simply mix 50/50 regular soy sauce and water.
- Hoisin sauce – Just a touch! It adds a nice depth of flavor and touch of sweetness.
- Coleslaw mix – I like to use packaged coleslaw mix because it makes this recipe even easier! However, if you have green cabbage, carrots, and red cabbage on hand you can easily chop it up and add it fresh.
- Green onions – I love using the green section of green onions as it’s a nice mild onion flavor that is fresh and crisp.
- Cilantro – My favorite fresh herb that brings brightness and freshness.
What to serve with egg roll bowls?
Honestly, for our household, this is a one-and-done meal! It’s already filled with protein and vegetables so I’m happy to pile it into a bowl and devour.
If you’re looking to add some crunchy texture you can top with crispy wonton strips or even some chopped peanuts or toasted cashews.
How do I store leftover egg roll in a bowl?
This dish stores and reheats wonderfully!
Simply store any leftovers in an air-tight container, reheat in the microwave (or on the stovetop) and devour!
The vegetables will get softer after reheated but it’s still a tasty dish even with softer vegetables.
Love this ground chicken egg roll bowl?
Why not try a few of my other easy ground chicken recipes?
- One of my most popular recipes! Try my One Pot Ground Chicken Fajita Pasta.
- Love an easy dinner? Try my Baked Ground Chicken Tacos.
- A simple and easy dinner! Try my Ground Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers.
- Living that low-carb life? Try my Ground Chicken Fajita Spaghetti Squash.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 sweet onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, green parts only thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Wonton strips, for topping
- In a deep 12-inch skillet add olive oil and set over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot add the ground chicken, onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Break up the ground chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Pour in the coleslaw mix and saute just until softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in green onion and minced cilantro.
- If desired, top with crispy wonton strips.
- Use sesame oil in place of olive oil if you have it one hand to add even more flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 874mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 30g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.