These ground pork tacos with pineapple salsa are the perfect mix of spicy and sweet. They’re perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or an easy weekend meal. You’ll love all the flavor packed into these tacos!
Taco cat spelled backward is taco cat.
Ok, we all know that BUT I had to say it because this post is about tacos and I love cats.
See my logic?
And these tacos aren’t just your everyday normal tacos NOPE they are all about sweetness and heat.
My favorite combination ever.
Of course, if you hate heat you could tone that aspect down but I crazy love heat so I tend to go a bit overboard.
I mean, growing up my dad would make food so hot I could barely take 2 bites without needing a drink.
I am destined to either love or hate spicy food.
Guess I fell into the love category.
Ground pork tacos ingredients
For pineapple salsa
- Fresh pineapple
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Ground pork
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Diced green chiles
- Chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Smoked paprika
- Flour tortillas
I think pork and pineapple is a perfect pairing and throughout the years on Nutmeg Nanny I have put it together a few times because it’s so good.
I made pork tenderloin with pineapple salsa, a bbq Hawaiian pizza that is the perfect combo of deliciousness, AND a pineapple bourbon butter glazed ham.
I really love some pineapple and pork.
Oh, and I used flour tortillas because I’m going to finally just admit I like them better than corn.
I mean, I don’t hate corn tortillas but give me a warm soft flour tortilla and I’m happy as can be.
In high school, I had a friend named Rosy who lived a block away.
I would be at her house several times a week and her mom made the BEST flour tortillas.
She would make them fresh, heat them on the burner and I would top them with homemade beans or rub them down with butter and roll them up and eat it in 3 bites.
So. much. goodness.
If you’re feeding little ones you can cut back on the number of chipotle peppers you use (or just leave them out) to make this a little less spicy for little eaters.
More taco recipes
- Baked Ground Chicken Tacos
- Easy Fish Tacos with Citrus Greek Yogurt Slaw
- Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Gochujang Mayonnaise
- Ginger Beer Pulled Pork Tacos
Ground Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
These ground pork tacos with pineapple salsa are the perfect mix of spicy and sweet. They're perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or an easy weekend meal. You'll love all the flavor packed into these tacos!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and diced
- 1 (3 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 4 cups small diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a 12-inch skillet add olive oil and set over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot add the ground pork, garlic, diced chipotle peppers, diced green chiles, cumin, chili powder, kosher salt, smoked paprika, and oregano.
- Break up the meat while it browns and mix to combine all the flavors equally. Cook until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Warm the flour tortillas, fill with meat, and top with salsa.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and add more kosher salt if desired.
Mango Habanero Salsa - Nutmeg Nanny
Friday 3rd of June 2022
[…] fact, this mango habanero salsa would be a great subtitution for the pineapple salsa in both Ground Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa or my Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa […]
Pork Chops au Poivre | Nutmeg Nanny
Saturday 12th of March 2022
[…] Craving a tasty taco? Try my Ground Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa. […]
Sandra | A Dash of Sanity
Tuesday 12th of June 2018
This looks perfect for our next taco night!!
Sunday 10th of June 2018
Yummy! I love the pineapple salsa!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
Sunday 10th of June 2018
I need to try this immediately, it looks so good!