This leftover Thanksgiving sandwich with moist maker is the perfect way to pay homage to your favorite Friends episode. All the taste of a Thanksgiving dinner with a secrete gravy-soaked moist maker middle!
Knock-knock. Who’s there? Ross Geller’s lunch. Ross Geller’s lunch, who? Ross Geller’s lunch, please don’t take me. Okay?
When I heard Friends was going to be coming to Netflix in January I just about lost my ish.
Do you have any idea what this means?
This means I can sit home in the middle of winter doing nothing but watching episode after episode of Friends.
Seriously, if you don’t hear from me for a while send a search party in after me.
You will probably find me molded to my couch eating popcorn and drinking bottle after bottle of seltzer water.
I will probably have a few boxes of Nutty Bars too. When binge-watching TV one must do it while enjoying their favorite sweet treat.
Well if you haven’t guessed it this sandwich is a big “heeeeeyyyyyyy” to my friends at Friends.
This goes back to the episode where Ross goes crazy because his boss stole his favorite leftover sandwich (with moist maker!) from the office refrigerator.
Then he couldn’t finish it all and threw it away.
You threw my sandwich away? My sandwich???
If you’re still clueless to what I’m rambling about here is a little help.
In the episode, Ross’s sister (Monica) makes him his favorite leftover Thanksgiving sandwich. It including all the taste of Thanksgiving in sandwich form.
In the middle of the sandwich is a gravy-soaked piece of bread he lovingly refers to as the “moist maker”
Fun fact: I hate the word “moist” but when joined with maker I don’t mind it at all. Who knew?
So, put on your fat pants for day two of eating and make yourself a leftover Thanksgiving sandwich with moist maker.
Trust me, it will be worth it.
Love this leftover Thanksgiving sandwich with moist maker?
Why not try a few of my other delicious leftover turkey recipes!
- Turkey and Cheese BLT Sandwich
- Baked Cranberry Cheddar Turkey Sandwiches
- Puff Pastry Turkey Pot Pie
- Turkey Cranberry Pesto Panini
- Baked Turkey Bacon Onion Sandwiches
- Turkey Monte Cristo
- Turkey Wild Rice Chili
- Turkey Apple Brie Panini with Honey Mustard Maple Mayo
- 3 slices thick whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup leftover turkey gravy
- 1/3 cup leftover stuffing, warmed
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 tomato slices
- 4-5 slices leftover turkey (depening on slice size)
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- Set bread slices to the side.
- In a small skillet warm gravy over low heat.
- Once warmed remove from heat and add 1 slice bread to the gravy.
- Let sit for 1 minute and flip.
- While the other side of the bread soaks up the gravy start assembling the sandwich.
- Lay out a plain slice of bread and top with stuffing, half the baby spinach leave and tomato slices.
- Top with gravy soaked slice of bread.
- Top the gravy bread with turkey, cranberry sauce and remaining baby spinach.
- Top off with last slice of bread and enjoy!