This preserved lemon and mint whipped feta dip is so easy to make you’ll be making it all summer long. Ready in just 10 minutes and can be scooped up with crackers, vegetables or by the spoonful!
Growing up my idea of dip was french onion from the dairy aisle of the grocery store.
Don’t get me wrong I still love it with a fierce passion BUT there is nothing quite like making your own dip.
I have made a version of this feta dip for years but this was the first time I threw in a little preserved lemon. If it wasn’t for the fact that I cleaned out my pantry and found the lemon jar it would still be hiding in my pantry.
If you have never had a preserved lemon before don’t be scared.
They taste like salty briny lemon.
I know it sounds weird but it’s good – trust me! Plus you can buy a jar at Trader Joe’s for like $3 so it’s a pretty cheap investment.
If you’re looking at this dip and thinking “Ummm where exactly would I serve this dip?”
Well, let me tell you a little story. I made a similar version of this dip a few years ago at Super Bowl and before I could even get my cracker-filled hand into the dip it was almost gone.
Do you know who stole all the dip? The kids. Seriously, the kids.
I thought they would think feta dip was weird but man was I wrong.
They devoured this dip like it was going to grow legs and run away.
I mean they weren’t far off because as soon as I saw they were eating all the dip I immediately snatched it away and made them eat up the salsa. I was not about to not get some of my own homemade whipped feta dip.
That’s right – I stole my own dip back.
More dip recipes
- Craving a classic? Try my French Onion Dip.
- Want some big time flavor? Try my Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip.
- Love all things onion? Try my Charred Triple Onion Dip.
- Need a toasty warm dip? Try my Baked Spinach Bacon Dip.
Preserved Lemon and Mint Whipped Feta Dip
- In a large food processor add all ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- If desired, top with the addition of chopped preserved lemon, mint, crushed red pepper, and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.